|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Rifka's last name?
2. Rifka writes in her letter that her family has escaped from which country?
3. Rifka writes her letter while on a train bound for which country?
4. Rifka has a nightmare that people are trying to steal _____________________.
(a) Her book.
(b) Her coins.
(c) Papa's pipe.
(d) Mama's candlesticks.
5. Rifka recalls that Mama always liked to ________________ at home.
(a) plant flowers.
6. How does Rifka feel when she realizes that the item in #29 has been stolen from her rucksack?
7. A nurse throws a/an _____________ substance on Rifka and her mother.
8. Where is Rifka sent to get treatment for her disease?
9. What organization provides aid to Rifka's family in Warsaw?
(a) The Red Cross.
(b) Doctors Without Borders.
(c) Hebrew Immigrant Aid Society.
(d) The Polish Embassy.
10. How does Rifka know Tovah?
(a) They are cousins.
(b) They are neighbors.
(c) They are classmates.
(d) They are sisters.
11. What is the ultimate destination of Rifka and her family?
12. How old is Rifka at the beginning of the book?
13. Which of the following is NOT one of Rifka's older brothers living in America?
14. What do the Russian guards use to search the train?
15. What does Rifka note is missing when her rucksack is returned to her?
(a) Her hair ribbons.
(b) Her book.
(c) The candlesticks.
(d) Her good dress.
Short Answer Questions
1. What disease does Rifka have that prevents her from getting a ticket to America?
2. Who eats the food that Rifka had saved for Saul?
3. Where does the medical student say that Rifka contracted her disease?
4. Who is the only member of Rifka's family who does not get sick?
5. Who are Rifka's brothers?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)