|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the only one in Rifka's family who can speak Russian without a Yiddish accent?
2. Who is Rifka's uncle who helped her family escape?
(a) Uncle Alexie.
(b) Uncle Anastas.
(c) Uncle Andrick.
(d) Uncle Avrum.
3. How does Rifka close her first letter to Tovah?
(a) I miss you.
(c) Shalom to you.
(d) Until we meet again.
4. How does Rifka feel when she realizes that the item in #29 has been stolen from her rucksack?
5. In what city will Rifka live to get treatment for her disease?
6. How does Rifka feel about her brother, Saul?
(a) She does not like him.
(b) She loves him.
(c) She detests him.
(d) She finds him amusing.
7. Rifka states that life in Russia is good for Tovah because ___________________.
(a) she is not Jewish.
(b) she went to a special school.
(c) her family had money.
(d) she got disability payments.
8. What items did Rifka carry in her rucksack?
9. Why is Rifka's family stranded in Poland?
(a) Lack of money.
(c) Broken train track.
(d) Government orders.
10. What is Rifka's last name?
11. "Letters from Rifka" begins in September of what year?
12. What is Rifka's prognosis according to the medical student?
(a) She will have bad scars.
(b) She will be crippled for life.
(c) She will die.
(d) She will be better in a few days.
13. Rifka is the only one in the family who could pass for a Russian peasant _____________________.
(a) because of her clothing.
(b) because of her blonde hair.
(c) because of her ruddy complexion.
(d) because of her sturdy legs.
14. How does Rifka know Tovah?
(a) They are sisters.
(b) They are classmates.
(c) They are neighbors.
(d) They are cousins.
15. What is the name of the town where Rifka's family is stranded in Poland?
Short Answer Questions
1. A nurse throws a/an _____________ substance on Rifka and her mother.
2. Where does Rifka's family head once everyone is well and out of the hospital?
3. Where does Rifka's family stay while stranded in Poland?
4. Where are Rifka's family members taken when they get ill?
5. What excuse does Uncle Avrum use to get the guards to come away from the train?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)