|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through October 2 - October 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Rifka's family stranded in Poland?
(a) Government orders.
(b) Broken train track.
(d) Lack of money.
2. Who eats the food that Rifka had saved for Saul?
(a) The innkeeper.
(c) The innkeeper's daughter.
3. What name do the nurses at Ellis Island give to Rifka?
(a) The little mother.
(b) Little Russian Rifka.
(c) Little kerchief.
(d) Little blue eyes.
4. What quality of Rifka's does Doctor Askin find highly valuable in Rifka?
5. What is the line between being in America, and not being in America?
(a) A steamship.
(b) New York Harbor.
(c) Ellis Island.
(d) Nova Scotia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Rifka's last name?
2. What disease does Rifka have?
3. What advantage does Rifka like about being on her own in Antwerp?
4. What is the name of Isaac's new baby boy?
5. Who helps Rifka buy her ticket to America?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)