|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through October 2 - October 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rifka says the guard speak ill of her family because ___________________.
(a) they are uneducated.
(b) they are thieves.
(c) they are Jewish.
(d) they are peasants.
2. Where is Rifka sent to get treatment for her disease?
3. Who is the couple who has taken Rifka into their home in Belgium?
(a) Maurice and Gabrielle.
(b) Phillippe and Cecile.
(c) Gaston and Marie.
(d) Gerard and Marie.
4. What business does Rifka think might be good for Bubbe Ruth?
(a) An ice cream business.
(b) A millinery.
(c) A tailoring shop.
(d) A bakery.
5. Why does Doctor Askin tell Rifka to take off her kerchief?
(a) He wants to measure her height.
(b) He wants to give her a new kerchief.
(c) It is very hot in the room.
(d) There is something on her head.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Rifka's prognosis according to the medical student?
2. What does Ilya do that terrifies Rifka?
3. Why does Sister Katrina urge Rifka to get out of her room sometimes?
4. What name do the nurses at Ellis Island give to Rifka?
5. How does Rifka close her first letter to Tovah?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)