|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through February 25 - October 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the medical student say that Rifka contracted her disease?
(a) On the train.
(b) Somewhere in Russia.
(c) Water from a pond.
(d) A Polish train station.
2. How does Rifka know Tovah?
(a) They are classmates.
(b) They are sisters.
(c) They are cousins.
(d) They are neighbors.
3. What advantage does Rifka like about being on her own in Antwerp?
(a) She can eat whatever she likes.
(b) She can play with whomever she wants to.
(c) She can stay out as late as she wants to.
(d) She doesn't wear a coat if she doesn't want to.
4. What is remarkable about Rifka's appearance as as result of her illness?
(a) A rash covers her body.
(b) She has gone bald.
(c) Her skin looks blue.
(d) She has lost a couple teeth.
5. Why can Rifka not remember her older brothers in America?
(a) They left Russia before she was born.
(b) No one ever talks about them.
(c) She lost their pictures.
(d) They were killed in the war.
Short Answer Questions
1. Rifka is the only one in the family who could pass for a Russian peasant _____________________.
2. What is the name of the town where Rifka's family is stranded in Poland?
3. How does Rifka say goodbye to the milkman at her house?
4. Rifka carried a book written by which Russian poet?
5. Which one of Rifka's family members is the first to get ill on the train?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)