|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through February 25 - October 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Rifka's prognosis according to the medical student?
(a) She will be crippled for life.
(b) She will die.
(c) She will be better in a few days.
(d) She will have bad scars.
2. Why does Sister Katrina urge Rifka to get out of her room sometimes?
(a) To get some exercise.
(b) To learn the language.
(c) To get some culture.
(d) To get a job.
3. Who takes Rifka back home when she gets lost in Antwerp?
(a) A milkman.
(b) A soldier.
(c) A priest.
(d) A policeman.
4. What does Saul buy every morning for his and Rifka's breakfast?
(a) Rolls and coffee.
(b) Cheese and biscuits.
(c) Apples and rolls.
(d) Herring and rolls.
5. Where does the medical student say that Rifka contracted her disease?
(a) Water from a pond.
(b) A Polish train station.
(c) Somewhere in Russia.
(d) On the train.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Rifka give the Russian soldiers for why she is on the train?
2. Which of the following does NOT describe what Rifka sees in Poland, which is just like her hometown in Russia?
3. What is remarkable about Rifka's appearance as as result of her illness?
4. How long did the broken steamship drift until help arrived?
5. Which of the following is NOT something Rifka does at the hospital?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)