|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through February 25 - October 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rifka says the guard speak ill of her family because ___________________.
(a) they are uneducated.
(b) they are Jewish.
(c) they are peasants.
(d) they are thieves.
2. What is steerage class on a steamship?
(a) First class passengers.
(b) People working on board for their passage.
(c) The maintenance crew.
(d) People crowded in the belly of a ship.
3. How does Pieter die?
(a) He has typhus.
(b) He drowns during a storm.
(c) He is hit by a falling mast.
(d) He gets food poisoning.
4. How does Rifka close her first letter to Tovah?
(a) Shalom to you.
(c) I miss you.
(d) Until we meet again.
5. Who does the man in #81 remind Rifka of?
(b) Uncle Zeb.
(d) Uncle Avrum.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the milkman say goodbye to Rifka at her house?
2. Which of the following is NOT a food Rifka discovers in Antwerp?
3. Rifka recalls a time when Russian soldiers beat Papa because he would not give up his ____________.
4. What is the Statue of Liberty holding up?
5. What organization provides aid to Rifka's family in Warsaw?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)