|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through September 2 - February 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rifka do for a girl on the train to Warsaw?
(a) Holds her baby.
(b) Fixes her hair.
(c) Gives her a roll.
(d) Reads some poetry.
2. What had Hannah given to Rifka before the family escaped?
(a) A coin purse.
(b) A scarf.
(c) A hat.
(d) A shawl.
3. What organization provides aid to Rifka's family in Warsaw?
(a) The Polish Embassy.
(b) Hebrew Immigrant Aid Society.
(c) Doctors Without Borders.
(d) The Red Cross.
4. What do the women in Poland wear on their heads?
(a) Pillbox hats.
5. What disease does Rifka have?
(b) Lyme Disease.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Rifka's last name?
2. What reason does Rifka give the Russian soldiers for why she is on the train?
3. What is the ultimate destination of Rifka and her family?
4. What do the guards make Rifka's family do at the Polish border?
5. Rifka recalls that Mama always liked to ________________ at home.
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)