|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through September 2 - February 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Letters from Rifka" begins in September of what year?
2. Which one of Rifka's family members is the first to get ill on the train?
3. The Russian guards were searching for Nathan because ____________________.
(a) he escaped from the army.
(b) he broke out of prison.
(c) he stole from a bread vendor.
(d) he damaged property in a bar fight.
4. Rifka carried a book written by which Russian poet?
5. Which of the following is NOT something Rifka does at the hospital?
(a) Learns to speak Polish.
(b) Sing to the patients.
(c) Eat potatoes.
(d) Watch over her mama.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Rifka give the Russian soldiers for why she is on the train?
2. A nurse throws a/an _____________ substance on Rifka and her mother.
3. Why is Rifka's family stranded in Poland?
4. Who had made the undergarments Rifka wears?
5. Rifka states that life in Russia is good for Tovah because ___________________.
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)