|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through September 2 - February 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the women in Poland wear on their heads?
(a) Pillbox hats.
2. Rifka has a nightmare that people are trying to steal _____________________.
(a) Papa's pipe.
(b) Her book.
(c) Mama's candlesticks.
(d) Her coins.
3. What organization provides aid to Rifka's family in Warsaw?
(a) The Red Cross.
(b) The Polish Embassy.
(c) Hebrew Immigrant Aid Society.
(d) Doctors Without Borders.
4. What is the name of the town where Rifka's family is stranded in Poland?
5. To whom is Rifka writing when the novel begins?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of fruit does Rifka buy from the vendor at the steamship dock?
2. Where is Rifka sent to get treatment for her disease?
3. What disease does Rifka have that prevents her from getting a ticket to America?
4. Which one of Rifka's family members is the first to get ill on the train?
5. How does Rifka close her first letter to Tovah?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)