|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through September 2 - February 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who had made the undergarments Rifka wears?
(a) Aunt Rachel.
(b) Aunt Natalia.
(c) Aunt Zasha.
(d) Aunt Katya.
2. What excuse does Uncle Avrum use to get the guards to come away from the train?
(a) His factory has been robbed.
(b) His son has fallen into a well.
(c) His factory is on fire.
(d) His wife has had a heart attack.
3. Rifka says the guard speak ill of her family because ___________________.
(a) they are Jewish.
(b) they are peasants.
(c) they are thieves.
(d) they are uneducated.
4. What is Rifka's prognosis according to the medical student?
(a) She will be crippled for life.
(b) She will have bad scars.
(c) She will die.
(d) She will be better in a few days.
5. What does Saul buy every morning for his and Rifka's breakfast?
(a) Cheese and biscuits.
(b) Apples and rolls.
(c) Rolls and coffee.
(d) Herring and rolls.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Rifka's family head once everyone is well and out of the hospital?
2. Who eats the food that Rifka had saved for Saul?
3. What is the name of the town where Rifka's family is stranded in Poland?
4. Rifka states that life in Russia is good for Tovah because ___________________.
5. What do the Russian guards use to search the train?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)