|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through October 2 - October 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rifka says the guard speak ill of her family because ___________________.
(a) they are thieves.
(b) they are uneducated.
(c) they are peasants.
(d) they are Jewish.
2. What excites Rifka about what her parents have in New York City?
(a) New jobs.
(b) Indoor plumbing.
(c) A refrigerator.
(d) A view of a park.
3. Who is NOT a subject of Rifka's work in #156?
(b) Ellis Island.
4. How does Pieter die?
(a) He is hit by a falling mast.
(b) He has typhus.
(c) He gets food poisoning.
(d) He drowns during a storm.
5. How old is Rifka at the beginning of the book?
Short Answer Questions
1. Doctor Askin thinks that Rifka could study in which field?
2. Where do Mama and Papa work in America?
3. What does Rifka save her money to buy?
4. How does the milkman say goodbye to Rifka at her house?
5. Why does Ilya's uncle want him in America?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)