|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through October 2 - October 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helps Rifka buy her ticket to America?
(a) Sister Katrina.
(b) The lady from HIAS.
2. Rifka recalls that her cousins gave her _______________ for her ninth birthday.
(a) hair ribbons.
(b) a doll.
(c) a shawl.
(d) writing paper.
3. A nurse throws a/an _____________ substance on Rifka and her mother.
4. What is notable about the big man Rifka sees in a cafe?
(a) He is missing a thumb.
(b) He has a peg leg.
(c) He is deaf.
(d) He has gold teeth.
5. What concerns Rifka about her condition?
(a) She has a rash on her chest.
(b) She cannot keep any food down.
(c) Her fingers really hurt.
(d) Her scalp has been itching again.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the only one in Rifka's family who can speak Russian without a Yiddish accent?
2. Why had a lady from the HIAS taken Rifka shopping for clothes when she first arrived in Antwerp?
3. Which of the following is NOT an article of clothing Saul wears to visit Rifka?
4. What job does Saul work in America?
5. To whom is Rifka writing when the novel begins?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)