|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through September 2 - February 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which one of Rifka's family members is the first to get ill on the train?
2. What kind of fruit does Rifka buy from the vendor at the steamship dock?
3. What do the women in Poland wear on their heads?
(a) Pillbox hats.
4. What organization provides aid to Rifka's family in Warsaw?
(a) The Polish Embassy.
(b) Hebrew Immigrant Aid Society.
(c) Doctors Without Borders.
(d) The Red Cross.
5. To whom is Rifka writing when the novel begins?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Rifka's prognosis according to the medical student?
2. Rifka writes her letter while on a train bound for which country?
3. Where are Rifka's family members taken when they get ill?
4. Where is Rifka sent to get treatment for her disease?
5. Rifka writes in her letter that her family has escaped from which country?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)