|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through February 25 - October 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What disease does Rifka have?
(b) Lyme Disease.
2. Rifka states that life in Russia is good for Tovah because ___________________.
(a) she went to a special school.
(b) her family had money.
(c) she is not Jewish.
(d) she got disability payments.
3. What does Rifka think America is?
(a) A place to start anew.
(b) A journey's end.
(c) A land of milk and honey.
(d) A place of disappointments.
4. Who is Rifka's uncle who helped her family escape?
(a) Uncle Andrick.
(b) Uncle Alexie.
(c) Uncle Anastas.
(d) Uncle Avrum.
5. What excuse does Uncle Avrum use to get the guards to come away from the train?
(a) His son has fallen into a well.
(b) His factory is on fire.
(c) His wife has had a heart attack.
(d) His factory has been robbed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Rifka's family stay while stranded in Poland?
2. The HIAS lady in Antwerp took Rifka to a cowboy movie starring whom?
3. Who is the girl who Rifka plays with in the park across the street from the house?
4. Where does Saul find a place for him and Rifka to stay?
5. Which of the following does NOT describe what Rifka sees in Poland, which is just like her hometown in Russia?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)