|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through February 25 - October 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why had a lady from the HIAS taken Rifka shopping for clothes when she first arrived in Antwerp?
(a) Her clothes were ruined from fumigations.
(b) Her clothes were too small now.
(c) Her clothes had big holes in them.
(d) Her clothes were not warm enough.
2. When Rifka gets the approval to go to America, she has been gone from Berdichev for how long?
(a) 3 months.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 2 years.
3. Rifka may have to wear a peruke because __________________________.
(a) she is always cold.
(b) her hair has not grown back.
(c) she has trouble walking.
(d) there is a rash on her arms.
4. What organization provides aid to Rifka's family in Warsaw?
(a) Hebrew Immigrant Aid Society.
(b) The Polish Embassy.
(c) Doctors Without Borders.
(d) The Red Cross.
5. Why is Rifka's family stranded in Poland?
(a) Government orders.
(b) Lack of money.
(d) Broken train track.
Short Answer Questions
1. What must Rifka do at Ellis Island before she can go home with her parents?
2. Rifka states that life in Russia is good for Tovah because ___________________.
3. What does Rifka do for a girl on the train to Warsaw?
4. How does Rifka get to America after the ship is disabled?
5. How old is Rifka at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)