|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through October 2 - October 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Statue of Liberty holding up?
(a) An eagle.
(b) A book.
(c) A lamp.
(d) A child.
2. What business does Rifka think might be good for Bubbe Ruth?
(a) A millinery.
(b) An ice cream business.
(c) A bakery.
(d) A tailoring shop.
3. How does Rifka feel when she realizes that the item in #29 has been stolen from her rucksack?
4. Who is the couple who has taken Rifka into their home in Belgium?
(a) Maurice and Gabrielle.
(b) Phillippe and Cecile.
(c) Gaston and Marie.
(d) Gerard and Marie.
5. Why had Uncle Avrum let Hannah take piano lessons?
(a) To catch a good husband.
(b) To strenghten her hands.
(c) To teach piano lessons.
(d) To play in an orchestra.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one reason Rifka is being detained at Ellis Island?
2. Where does the medical student say that Rifka contracted her disease?
3. What is the name of the person in #131?
4. What reason does Rifka give the Russian soldiers for why she is on the train?
5. What color is Ilya's hair?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)