|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through October 2 - October 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rifka states that life in Russia is good for Tovah because ___________________.
(a) she went to a special school.
(b) she got disability payments.
(c) her family had money.
(d) she is not Jewish.
2. What kind of fruit does Rifka buy from the vendor at the steamship dock?
3. Rifka recalls that Mama always liked to ________________ at home.
(c) plant flowers.
4. To whom is Rifka writing when the novel begins?
5. What is the item in #90 made of?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Rifka's uncle who helped her family escape?
2. What does Saul bring to Rifka at the Ellis Island hospital?
3. Why does Rifka need an interpreter at Ellis Island?
4. Rifka recalls that her cousins gave her _______________ for her ninth birthday.
5. Why does Ilya's uncle want him in America?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)