|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through October 2 - October 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are Rifka's family members taken when they get ill?
(a) A medical tent.
(b) A hospital.
(c) A church.
(d) A clinic.
2. What is Rifka wearing as she arrives in America?
(a) A pink dress.
(b) A black velvet hat.
(c) New leather boots.
(d) A blue coat.
3. What does Mama give to Rifka before Mama leaves for America?
(a) A locket.
(b) A lock of her hair.
(c) A photograph.
(d) Some money.
4. What does Papa give to Rifka before he leaves for America?
(a) A bag of apples.
(b) His tallis.
(c) His pipe.
(d) His watch.
5. What does Ilya do to prove that he is not a simpleton?
(a) He reads Pushkin's poetry.
(b) He does math problems.
(c) He is able to serve himself at the table.
(d) He makes a joke about his hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. The children in the park have fun with Rifka and good-naturedly tease her about __________________.
2. What had Hannah given to Rifka before the family escaped?
3. How old is Rifka at the beginning of the book?
4. Rifka may have to wear a peruke because __________________________.
5. What is steerage class on a steamship?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)