|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters CXIV, CXXII, and CXXIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the topic of Letter CXIV?
(a) Lucilius' mother.
(c) Lucilius' health.
(d) Writing styles.
2. What includes the studies of literature, rhetoric and history?
(a) Bachelor of arts.
(b) Liberal arts.
(c) Fine arts.
(d) Still life art.
3. What is caused by the flaunting of one's possessions?
4. What is the last letter studied in this book?
(a) Letter CXXII.
(b) Letter CSI.
(c) Letter 1,229.
(d) Letter CXXIII.
5. According to Seneca, what is the fruit of man's own efforts?
(a) Peace between nations.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Posidinus, who ruled in the past time?
2. Who, according to Seneca, retired out of fear of being persecuted by the Emperor?
3. According to Seneca, who can truly appreciate wisdom?
4. What does Seneca encourage in Letter VI?
5. Who is Scipio?
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)