|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters CXIV, CXXII, and CXXIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of ailments does Seneca say are not as obvious as they worsen?
(a) Breathing-related ones.
2. According to Seneca, who doesn't care if he is rich or poor?
(a) A philosopher.
(b) A Christian priest.
(c) A pagan priest.
(d) A public official.
3. Why does Seneca say he decided not to commit suicide?
(a) He fell in love with a woman.
(b) He was too afraid.
(c) For his father's sake.
(d) He snapped out of his depression.
4. How does Seneca say slaves should be corrected?
(a) By taking something away, like food.
(b) With physical punishment.
(c) Mental torture.
5. According to Letter XCI, what town was destroyed by fire?
(a) Vatican City.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Seneca, who has a misguided interest in philosophy?
2. In his example of suffering for the sake of knowledge, who does Seneca say was executed for blasphemy?
3. What does Seneca give advice about coping with in Letter LXXVIII?
4. In Letter VII, what does Lucilius accuse Seneca of being?
5. How can a person be prepared for any tragedy that might happen?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)