|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters CIV, CV, CVII, and CVIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is an oxymoron?
(a) Someone who does not practice virtue at all.
(b) A theory related to oxygen.
(c) A combination of contradictory words or phrases.
(d) Someone who does not understand Oxystoicism.
2. What does Seneca say happens to life when one focuses too much on trivial and fleeting activities?
(a) It is fulfilled with recreation.
(b) It becomes meaningless and not worth living.
(c) It causes much sickness.
(d) It ends earlier.
3. What does Seneca say is the greatest of all arts?
4. According to Seneca, who can truly appreciate wisdom?
(a) Only priests and oracles.
(b) Teachers of all sorts.
(c) Only the philosopher.
(d) Scholars who are well-read.
5. Who is praised for his virtue and dedication to studies in Letter II?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who, according to Seneca, is deliberate and prepared?
2. What kind of ailments does Seneca say become more obvious as they worsen?
3. Which line of studies does Seneca say tends to have a special temptation to vanity?
4. What happens to Seneca's work ethic and studies once he moves to the country?
5. Who is chastised in Letter III for not discussing his personal matters?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)