|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters CIV, CV, CVII, and CVIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has suffered a great deal between Letters XII and XXVII?
(a) Seneca's physical health.
(b) Epicurius' mental health.
(c) Euripides overall health.
(d) Lucilius' fortune.
2. According to Seneca, who will spend his time either alone or in the company of those he knows are capable of improving him?
(a) A man with asthma or illness.
(b) A truly virtue-minded person.
(c) Someone who is disgusted by blood and gore.
(d) A religious person.
3. What does Seneca say that many people find attractive for the wrong reasons?
(d) Outward appearance.
4. Who spends hours quibbling over meaningless logical puzzles, according to Seneca?
(c) Many so-called philosophers.
(d) Seneca and Lucilius together.
5. What does Seneca recommend avoiding in Letter VII?
(b) Religious zealots.
(c) The masses.
(d) People without shoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What affects Seneca's exercise time according to Letter LXXXIII?
2. What purpose does fasting serve, according to Seneca?
3. What is duty that Seneca states all men are bound to eventually carry out?
4. What are Seneca's comments about the book he mentions in Letter XLVI?
5. At what time does Seneca say he has already experienced death?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)