|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters LXXXIII, LXXXVI, and LXXXVIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has suffered a great deal between Letters XII and XXVII?
(a) Euripides overall health.
(b) Seneca's physical health.
(c) Epicurius' mental health.
(d) Lucilius' fortune.
2. Who advises that one ought to imagine being watched by some great, virtuous figure at all times in order to check one's own behavior?
3. Who says that excessive anger is a threat to one's sanity?
4. Which philosopher has a positive theory about "cheerful poverty?"
5. What is duty that Seneca states all men are bound to eventually carry out?
(a) Public service.
(d) Civic responsiblity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What includes the studies of literature, rhetoric and history?
2. Why do people become slaves, according to Seneca?
3. To whom will a person who is well-acquainted with poetry or history often be impressive?
4. How much duty does Seneca say one must must fulfill before his life ends?
5. Who says there are four causes?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)