|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters LXXXIII, LXXXVI, and LXXXVIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Seneca, what must one seek between extremes in all matters?
2. What affects Seneca's exercise time according to Letter LXXXIII?
(a) His old age.
(b) The amount of time he studies.
(c) His lack of interest.
(d) His lack of time.
3. According to Seneca, what is death?
(a) The gateway to Heaven and an opportunity to meet the gods.
(b) A doorway into a wonderful after life.
(c) Nothing but an unconscious state of non-existence.
(d) An unconscious state of non-existence or a better state than life.
4. What is an example of unrehearsed communication?
(a) Public oratory.
(c) A speech.
(d) Letter writing.
5. In what kind of atmosphere does Seneca say in Lesson VLI that he prefers to study?
(a) A quiet one.
(b) A busy one.
(c) A very well-lit one.
(d) A dark one.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Seneca recount taking a ride on in Letter LV?
2. How does one perfect his own soul, according to Seneca?
3. Who suggests the correspondence between Seneca and his student should increase?
4. Who says that hope is the cause of fear?
5. Who advises that one ought to imagine being watched by some great, virtuous figure at all times in order to check one's own behavior?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)