|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters LXXXIII, LXXXVI, and LXXXVIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who spends hours quibbling over meaningless logical puzzles, according to Seneca?
(b) Seneca and Lucilius together.
(c) Many so-called philosophers.
2. What does Seneca say about the Stoic troubled by no external concerns?
(a) The soul.
(b) The heart.
(c) The body.
(d) The mind.
3. Why does Seneca say he took the ride in Letter LV?
(a) It was a once in a lifetime opportunity.
(b) He had no choice.
(c) Because of his asthma.
(d) For a little splurge on luxury.
4. How does noise affect Seneca's ability to study?
(a) He has a hearing disability and is slightly distracted by a constant, steady hum.
(b) It does not affect it at all.
(c) He is very distracted by the smallest noise.
(d) He is very distracted by noise from crowds.
5. What does Seneca give advice about coping with in Letter LXXVIII?
(d) Religious faith.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of ailments does Seneca say are not as obvious as they worsen?
2. According to Letter XL, what clue do people give as to whether they are organized or disorganized?
3. Which line of studies does Seneca say tends to have a special temptation to vanity?
4. Who says in Chapter XVII that wise men should avoid the festival that is being celebrated?
5. How should an owner be seen by his slaves, according to Seneca?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)