|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters LIII, LIV, LV, LVI, and LXIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does noise affect Seneca's ability to study?
(a) He is very distracted by noise from crowds.
(b) He is very distracted by the smallest noise.
(c) He has a hearing disability and is slightly distracted by a constant, steady hum.
(d) It does not affect it at all.
2. What is it that Seneca says no human being merits?
(c) Mental torture.
(d) A beating.
3. What kinds of noises are more distracting, according to Senenca?
(a) Continuous noises.
(b) Musical noises.
(c) Noises of crickets.
(d) Intermittent noises.
4. What does Seneca say about the Stoic troubled by no external concerns?
(a) The mind.
(b) The body.
(c) The heart.
(d) The soul.
5. According to Seneca, what is man's only pride?
(a) His soul.
(b) His mind.
(c) His face.
(d) His body.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is an oxymoron?
2. According to Letter XLI, where is the soul from?
3. What does Seneca say cannot be learned only through reading?
4. What does Seneca say happens to life when one focuses too much on trivial and fleeting activities?
5. What does Seneca recount taking a ride on in Letter LV?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)