|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters LIII, LIV, LV, LVI, and LXIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How should an owner be seen by his slaves, according to Seneca?
(c) With no emotion.
2. What does Seneca say about slaves?
(a) Use them for the hardest work.
(b) Not to pity them.
(c) Don't get too close to them emotionally.
(d) They are people too.
3. Who advises that one ought to imagine being watched by some great, virtuous figure at all times in order to check one's own behavior?
4. What is the specific distraction Seneca discusses in Letter XL?
(a) Company with the opposite sex.
(b) Talking too fast or too slow.
(c) Alcohol and food.
(d) Long hair.
5. What kind of ailments does Seneca say become more obvious as they worsen?
(d) Breathing-related ones.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says that excessive anger is a threat to one's sanity?
2. According to Seneca, what does an inordinate attachment to wealth or public opinion make a man?
3. What does Seneca say in Letter XVI is of no interest to the wise man?
4. According to Seneca, what must one seek between extremes in all matters?
5. In a large group of people, how might their vices seem, according to Seneca?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)