|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters XI, XII, XV, XVI, XVIII, XXVI, XXVII, and XXVIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is there little value in if one cannot share it with friends, according to Seneca?
(c) Gladiator battles.
2. Which philosopher has a positive theory about "cheerful poverty?"
3. Who says that excessive anger is a threat to one's sanity?
4. Who says in Chapter XVII that wise men should avoid the festival that is being celebrated?
(b) No one.
5. What has suffered a great deal between Letters XII and XXVII?
(a) Epicurius' mental health.
(b) Lucilius' fortune.
(c) Euripides overall health.
(d) Seneca's physical health.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Seneca recommend avoiding in Letter VII?
2. Who advises that one ought to imagine being watched by some great, virtuous figure at all times in order to check one's own behavior?
3. What holiday is celebrated at the time Letter XVII is written?
4. According to Seneca, what creates anxiety?
5. What, according to Seneca, generally presents more opportunity to be tempted away from virtuous living?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)