|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters XI, XII, XV, XVI, XVIII, XXVI, XXVII, and XXVIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which word is the best meaning of apatheia?
2. According to Seneca, what creates anxiety?
(a) Demanding family members.
(b) Having to worry about finances.
(c) Having to find a stable job.
(d) Striving to fulfill one's ever-expanding desires.
3. According to Seneca, what must one seek between extremes in all matters?
4. In Letter XII, what does Seneca notice about one of his properties?
(a) It has burned down.
(b) It is not rented.
(c) It is delapidated.
(d) The tenants changed it without permission.
5. In a large group of people, how might their vices seem, according to Seneca?
Short Answer Questions
1. What purpose does fasting serve, according to Seneca?
2. What do people who attend the celebration discussed in Letter XVII do?
3. What is the topic of Letter III?
4. In Letter XII, what does Seneca's property remind him?
5. Who advises that one ought to imagine being watched by some great, virtuous figure at all times in order to check one's own behavior?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)