|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters CIV, CV, CVII, and CVIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Seneca say about slaves?
(a) Not to pity them.
(b) Use them for the hardest work.
(c) They are people too.
(d) Don't get too close to them emotionally.
2. Why does Seneca praise suicide?
(a) He likes to challenge the legal system.
(b) To cut back on medical needs of the community.
(c) He is tired of being sick.
(d) It is active, not passive.
3. According to Seneca, where are the sharpest pains?
(a) In the heart.
(b) In the eye/temple area because they are close to the brain.
(c) In the smallest area of the body.
(d) In the nose.
4. What does Seneca say prepares the mind for philosophy?
(b) Fine arts.
(d) Liberal arts.
5. What does Seneca say is the greatest of all arts?
Short Answer Questions
1. What creates certain habits of study and thought which are actually useful?
2. What does Seneca say is the worst noise of all?
3. Who is praised for his virtue and dedication to studies in Letter II?
4. What does Seneca admit that he cares less about as he ages?
5. According to Seneca, what was the goal of technological inventions of the past age?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)