|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters CIV, CV, CVII, and CVIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does it take Seneca to read the book he mentions in Letter XLVI?
(a) One month.
(b) One year.
(c) One week.
(d) One sitting.
2. What does Seneca say cannot be learned only through reading?
3. Who does Seneca point out (in Letter CIV) had a wife and children who constantly nagged him?
4. How can a person be prepared for any tragedy that might happen?
(a) Calm events = calm people.
(b) Imagine all the situations, then you won't be surprised.
(c) Don't serve wine at any event.
(d) Plan every last detail so you have a firm schedule.
5. What is there little value in if one cannot share it with friends, according to Seneca?
(d) Gladiator battles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of ailments does Seneca say are not as obvious as they worsen?
2. What does Seneca encourage in Letter VI?
3. In a large group of people, how might their vices seem, according to Seneca?
4. In Letter LXXXIII, whose logic does Seneca question?
5. What includes the studies of literature, rhetoric and history?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)