|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters CIV, CV, CVII, and CVIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is caused by the flaunting of one's possessions?
2. According to Letter XL, what clue do people give as to whether they are organized or disorganized?
(a) How their house or apartment looks.
(b) Their hairstyle and grooming.
(c) A glance at one's kitchen.
(d) How fast or slow they talk.
3. How does Seneca say slaves should be corrected?
(b) By taking something away, like food.
(c) Mental torture.
(d) With physical punishment.
4. What purpose does fasting serve, according to Seneca?
(a) To ward off gluttony.
(b) To shed some excess pounds.
(c) To be able to drink more.
(d) To prove a point to the public.
5. How can a person be prepared for any tragedy that might happen?
(a) Calm events = calm people.
(b) Plan every last detail so you have a firm schedule.
(c) Imagine all the situations, then you won't be surprised.
(d) Don't serve wine at any event.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Seneca point out (in Letter CIV) had a wife and children who constantly nagged him?
2. According to Seneca, what is man's only pride?
3. According to Seneca, what destroyed man's harmonic relationship with nature?
4. What does Seneca say cannot be learned only through reading?
5. Whose first instinct is it to incorporate wisdom into his life and actions?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)