|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters XXXIII, XXXVIII, XL, XLI, XLVI, XLVII, XLVIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Letter XLI, where is the soul from?
(a) Dark desires.
(c) Deep inside.
2. Who says that excessive anger is a threat to one's sanity?
3. What does Seneca encourage in Letter VI?
(a) Lucilius come to live with him.
(b) Contributions to poor slaves.
(c) Suicide among the elderly.
(d) Living in Rome.
4. Why, according to Seneca, shouldn't old age frighten a wise man?
(a) Because he knows he will go to heaven.
(b) Because his mind is too far gone to be scared.
(c) Because old and wise go together.
(d) A wise man doesn't fear death.
5. Which city does Seneca say is so filled with wicked people that it could be a threat to even a wise man's soul?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says in Chapter XVII that wise men should avoid the festival that is being celebrated?
2. According to Seneca, who will spend his time either alone or in the company of those he knows are capable of improving him?
3. Who does Seneca thank for sending him a book?
4. According to Seneca, what is man's only pride?
5. How does one perfect his own soul, according to Seneca?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)