|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters XXXIII, XXXVIII, XL, XLI, XLVI, XLVII, XLVIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Seneca's comments about the book he mentions in Letter XLVI?
(a) He disagrees with the entire contents of the book.
(b) None - he wants to read it again.
(c) He wholeheartedly agrees with the entire contents of the book.
(d) He likes the gift, but not its contents.
2. How does Seneca say slaves should be corrected?
(a) With physical punishment.
(c) Mental torture.
(d) By taking something away, like food.
3. According to Seneca, if one begins taking lessons other than philosophy, what happens?
(a) He becomes a well-rounded man.
(b) He diversifies his talents.
(c) He becomes known as a Renaissance Man.
(d) His life will be governed by that subject rather than philosophy.
4. What holiday is celebrated at the time Letter XVII is written?
(a) Ides of March.
(b) Festival of Bacchus.
(c) Cinco de Mayo.
5. What topic does Seneca discuss in Letter XL?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do people who attend the celebration discussed in Letter XVII do?
2. How should an owner be seen by his slaves, according to Seneca?
3. According to Seneca, what creates anxiety?
4. Who is chastised in Letter III for not discussing his personal matters?
5. How long does it take Seneca to read the book he mentions in Letter XLVI?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)