|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters XXXIII, XXXVIII, XL, XLI, XLVI, XLVII, XLVIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Seneca, who will spend his time either alone or in the company of those he knows are capable of improving him?
(a) Someone who is disgusted by blood and gore.
(b) A religious person.
(c) A man with asthma or illness.
(d) A truly virtue-minded person.
2. Who finances the celebration that is held at the time Letter XVII is written?
(a) The state.
(b) Local businesses.
(d) A traveling carnival.
3. According to Letter XL, what clue do people give as to whether they are organized or disorganized?
(a) How their house or apartment looks.
(b) Their hairstyle and grooming.
(c) How fast or slow they talk.
(d) A glance at one's kitchen.
4. In Letter VII, what does Lucilius accuse Seneca of being?
(a) A loser.
(b) A hypocrite.
(c) An illegitimate child.
(d) A corrupt politician.
5. According to Seneca, what must one seek between extremes in all matters?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says in Chapter XVII that wise men should avoid the festival that is being celebrated?
2. Who says that hope is the cause of fear?
3. What is the specific distraction Seneca discusses in Letter XL?
4. How does one perfect his own soul, according to Seneca?
5. How did Seneca's ancestors treat their slaves?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)