|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters LXV, LXXVII, and LXXVIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Seneca's ancestors treat their slaves?
(a) With respect.
(b) With mental torture.
(c) With physical abuse.
2. What tends to either not last very long or to at least have periods of subsidence?
(b) Severe pains.
(c) Studies of other philosophies.
3. How should an owner be seen by his slaves, according to Seneca?
(a) With no emotion.
4. Which word is the best meaning of apatheia?
5. According to Seneca, what creates anxiety?
(a) Having to worry about finances.
(b) Having to find a stable job.
(c) Striving to fulfill one's ever-expanding desires.
(d) Demanding family members.
Short Answer Questions
1. Seneca says that a philosopher must distinguish himself from others with virtue, but what must the philosopher obey when doing so?
2. What does Seneca say is the worst noise of all?
3. What virtue does Seneca say does not perish or disappoint?
4. Who says in Chapter XVII that wise men should avoid the festival that is being celebrated?
5. What does Lucilius ask Seneca to include in his letters?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)