|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters LXV, LXXVII, and LXXVIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is symptomatic of excessive attachment to the body, according to Seneca?
(a) Excessive primping.
(b) Frequent baths.
(c) Excessive concern with pain.
(d) Frequent trips to community baths.
2. What does Seneca give advice about coping with in Letter LXXVIII?
(c) Religious faith.
3. Who does Seneca thank for sending him a book?
(a) His mother.
4. According to Seneca in Letter XXXIII, what does Stoic writing generally lack?
(b) Use of Latin.
(c) Grammatical errors.
(d) Quotable quotes.
5. What holiday is celebrated at the time Letter XVII is written?
(a) Festival of Bacchus.
(b) Ides of March.
(c) Cinco de Mayo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Seneca say is the worst noise of all?
2. What has suffered a great deal between Letters XII and XXVII?
3. What is an example of unrehearsed communication?
4. Who does Seneca praise in Letter XI?
5. Which word is the best meaning of apatheia?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)