|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the woman who rents a room from Gran?
2. What will happen to Harriet if she refuses Dr. Norcom's offer in #66?
(a) He will have her hanged.
(b) He will give her to his son.
(c) He will cut off her foot.
(d) He will sell her to a slave trader.
3. Harriet recalls visiting __________________ in jail.
(a) Uncle Tom.
(b) Uncle Joseph.
(d) Her daddy.
4. Who is Harriet's friend who works for the person in #80?
5. How old is Harriet when she begins writing to Joseph in 1835?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the woman Samuel Sawyer marries?
2. What is the worst menace Harriet and the others face while waiting in the swamp?
3. Which of the following is NOT included in the meal given to Harriet by the person in #80?
4. Dr. Norcom offers to give Harriet's children their freedom if ________________________.
5. What can Harriet hear in her hiding place at Gran's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What hope does Harriet have for her children when she decides to run away from Auburn?
2. What choice does Harriet make regarding Dr. Norcom's proposition?
3. When does Harriet begin writing to her Uncle Joseph?
4. Who is Harriet's Uncle Joseph?
5. What is Mrs. Sawyer's plan for Harriet's daughter, Louisa?
6. How does John escape from slavery, and what does a neighbor say to Gran to comfort her regarding his absence?
7. How does the cholera and smallpox epidemic of 1836-1837 impact Harriet and her family?
8. What does Harriet say about the extremely restrictive quarters where she hides at Gran's house?
9. Where does Harriet stay right after she escapes from Auburn, and how does she learn that there is a reward for her return?
10. Why does Harriet hide in the home of Mrs. Martha Blount and how long does she stay there?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)