|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where will Dr. Norcom's son live after his marriage?
(a) Edgewood Plantation.
(b) Magnolia Place Plantation.
(c) Sycamore Plantation.
(d) Auburn Plantation.
2. How many times did Joseph run away before finally disappearing?
3. Which of the following is NOT included in the meal given to Harriet by the person in #80?
(a) Sweet corn.
(b) Peach cobbler.
(c) Pork stew.
(d) Buttered biscuits.
4. By what nickname does Harriet call her daughter?
5. Who is the man who walks Harriet to the wharf?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the cause of Aunt Betty's death?
2. To whom does Gran give Harriet's ticket to stow away on the ship headed north?
3. What is presumed about Uncle Stephen?
4. What does Gran plan to purchase with the money she makes by cooking?
5. Which of the following is NOT someone whom Dr. Norcom has had arrested?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Harriet write to Uncle Joseph about Dr. Norcom's proposition to her?
2. What does Harriet say about the extremely restrictive quarters where she hides at Gran's house?
3. What does Harriet see that lets her know that Dr. Norcom is still searching for her?
4. Why do Harriet's children remain with her grandmother when she goes to Auburn?
5. Where does Harriet stay right after she escapes from Auburn, and how does she learn that there is a reward for her return?
6. How does the cholera and smallpox epidemic of 1836-1837 impact Harriet and her family?
7. What does Harriet hope Mr. Sawyer will do for her children and does it seem as if he is going to do it?
8. Why are John, Harriet's children and her Aunt Betty arrested, and who eventually buys them?
9. Why does Harriet hide in the home of Mrs. Martha Blount and how long does she stay there?
10. What is the reason Harriet comes out of her hiding place after several years?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)