|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Harriet hide at Gran's house?
(a) A shed.
(b) The cellar.
(c) Under the porch.
(d) A storeroom.
2. What do Dr. Norcom and James do when they realize Harriet is missing?
(a) Send the dogs to track her scent.
(b) Search ships.
(c) Set traps for her.
(d) Send out a posse.
3. What does Harriet learn about Samuel Sawyer?
(a) He has moved to Europe.
(b) He is getting married.
(c) He is very ill.
(d) He has died.
4. Who is the girl who may have caught sight of Harriet in Gran's house?
5. Who is the woman Samuel Sawyer marries?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harriet have sent to Dr. Norcom from Canada?
2. Harriet recalls visiting __________________ in jail.
3. Where does Harriet stay at the home of the person in #80?
4. How old is Harriet's daughter in 1835?
5. Which of the following does Harriet NOT make in preparation for the arrival of James and his new wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. What hope does Harriet have for her children when she decides to run away from Auburn?
2. What is the reason Harriet comes out of her hiding place after several years?
3. What is Mrs. Sawyer's plan for Harriet's daughter, Louisa?
4. Why are John, Harriet's children and her Aunt Betty arrested, and who eventually buys them?
5. What does Harriet see that lets her know that Dr. Norcom is still searching for her?
6. Who is Uncle Stephen and what is presumed about him?
7. Why does Mr. Sawyer take John to Washington, D.C.?
8. What choice does Harriet make regarding Dr. Norcom's proposition?
9. What does Harriet write to Uncle Joseph about Dr. Norcom's proposition to her?
10. Where does Harriet stay right after she escapes from Auburn, and how does she learn that there is a reward for her return?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)