|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Harriet have sent to Dr. Norcom from Canada?
(a) A letter.
(b) A book.
(c) Maple syrup.
(d) Cheddar cheese.
2. Who is Dr. Norcom's son to whom Dr. Norcom gives Harriet?
3. What can Harriet hear in her hiding place at Gran's house?
(a) A choir rehearsing.
(b) Men drinking liquor.
(c) Men playing cards.
(d) Her children playing.
4. Where does Harriet stay for a few days after she runs away?
(a) The house of a friend.
(b) Gran's house.
(c) A tavern.
(d) The woods.
5. How many years has Harriet been in hiding since she left the Auburn plantation?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the city where Louisa lives?
2. Dr. Norcom offers to give Harriet's children their freedom if ________________________.
3. Who is Harriet's friend who works for the person in #80?
4. Who is the girl who may have caught sight of Harriet in Gran's house?
5. Why will Louisa be sent to Brooklyn?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Harriet write to Uncle Joseph about Dr. Norcom's proposition to her?
2. What does Harriet see that lets her know that Dr. Norcom is still searching for her?
3. What choice does Harriet make regarding Dr. Norcom's proposition?
4. Why do Harriet's children remain with her grandmother when she goes to Auburn?
5. What is Mrs. Sawyer's plan for Harriet's daughter, Louisa?
6. Who is Uncle Stephen and what is presumed about him?
7. Where does Harriet stay right after she escapes from Auburn, and how does she learn that there is a reward for her return?
8. What does Harriet say about the extremely restrictive quarters where she hides at Gran's house?
9. Where does John tell Gran he is going a year after his escape?
10. How does John escape from slavery, and what does a neighbor say to Gran to comfort her regarding his absence?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)