|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Harriet hope will buy her children after she runs away?
(a) Henry Stratton.
(b) Peter Jacobsen.
(c) Eugene DeFarge.
(d) Samuel Sawyer.
2. Where does Dr. Norcom periodically to search for Harriet?
(c) New York.
3. How does Harriet spend a lot of her time doing in her hiding place in Gran's house?
(b) Reading the Bible.
4. Lulu is almost attacked by which creature at Auburn?
(a) A snake.
(b) A fox.
(c) A wolf.
(d) A dog.
5. How many times did Joseph run away before finally disappearing?
6. How is Harriet dressed when she leaves Widow Blount's house?
(a) A hobo's raggedy clothes.
(b) A sailor suit.
(c) A soldier's uniform.
(d) A nun's habit.
7. What does Harriet learn about Samuel Sawyer?
(a) He has moved to Europe.
(b) He has died.
(c) He is getting married.
(d) He is very ill.
8. What can Harriet hear in her hiding place at Gran's house?
(a) Men drinking liquor.
(b) Her children playing.
(c) A choir rehearsing.
(d) Men playing cards.
9. What does Harriet make for Lulu for Christmas?
(a) A plaid dress.
(d) Hair bands.
10. What is Samuel Sawyer's baby named?
11. Which of the following is NOT included in the meal given to Harriet by the person in #80?
(a) Sweet corn.
(b) Pork stew.
(c) Buttered biscuits.
(d) Peach cobbler.
12. What is the cause of Aunt Betty's death?
13. Who is the woman who rents a room from Gran?
14. What do Dr. Norcom and James do when they realize Harriet is missing?
(a) Search ships.
(b) Send the dogs to track her scent.
(c) Send out a posse.
(d) Set traps for her.
15. Which of the following does Harriet NOT make in preparation for the arrival of James and his new wife?
(d) Flower arrangements.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Aunt Sue Bent's daughter who has run away?
2. Who is the woman Samuel Sawyer marries?
3. Where does Harriet hide at Gran's house?
4. Why is Harriet scared when she learns that John has escaped in the North?
5. Why does Mrs. Norcom want Aunt Betty to be buried in the white cemetery?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)