|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gran plan to purchase with the money she makes by cooking?
(a) Kitchen curtains.
(b) New dishes.
(c) Freedom for Joseph and Louisa.
(d) A new stove.
2. What is the city where Louisa lives?
(d) New York.
3. How does Harriet spend a lot of her time doing in her hiding place in Gran's house?
(d) Reading the Bible.
4. What is Samuel Sawyer's baby named?
5. Who is Joseph?
(a) Harriet's father.
(b) Harriet's uncle.
(c) Harriet's brother.
(d) Harriet's son.
6. What can Harriet hear in her hiding place at Gran's house?
(a) Men drinking liquor.
(b) Her children playing.
(c) Men playing cards.
(d) A choir rehearsing.
7. Who is the woman who rents a room from Gran?
8. Where does Harriet hide at Widow Blount's house?
(a) In the attic.
(b) Behind a false wall.
(c) In the cellar.
(d) Under floorboards.
9. What is the cause of Aunt Betty's death?
10. Where does Harriet hide at Gran's house?
(a) Under the porch.
(b) The cellar.
(c) A storeroom.
(d) A shed.
11. Who is the man who walks Harriet to the wharf?
12. Dr. Norcom offers to give Harriet's children their freedom if ________________________.
(a) Harriet will agree to take care of his sick wife.
(b) Harriet moves into the cottage in the woods.
(c) Harriet will come back to the house.
(d) Harriet will help deliver babies on the plantation.
13. What is the worst menace Harriet and the others face while waiting in the swamp?
14. Harriet recalls visiting __________________ in jail.
(a) Uncle Tom.
(b) Uncle Joseph.
(d) Her daddy.
15. To whom does Gran give Harriet's ticket to stow away on the ship headed north?
Short Answer Questions
1. Lulu is almost attacked by which creature at Auburn?
2. What is presumed about Uncle Stephen?
3. What bites Harriet when she is hiding in the woods one night?
4. How is Harriet dressed when she leaves Widow Blount's house?
5. How many times did Joseph run away before finally disappearing?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)