|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will happen to Harriet if she refuses Dr. Norcom's offer in #66?
(a) He will cut off her foot.
(b) He will sell her to a slave trader.
(c) He will have her hanged.
(d) He will give her to his son.
2. Who is Harriet's friend who works for the person in #80?
3. Where will Dr. Norcom's son live after his marriage?
(a) Magnolia Place Plantation.
(b) Auburn Plantation.
(c) Sycamore Plantation.
(d) Edgewood Plantation.
4. To whom does Gran give Harriet's ticket to stow away on the ship headed north?
5. Which of the following does NOT bother Harriet about Samuel Sawyer's activity in #103?
(a) Her children may be losing their freedom.
(b) She is not invited to attend.
(c) Harriet is losing the only white man she felt safe with.
(d) Her children are losing their father.
6. What does Harriet have sent to Dr. Norcom from Canada?
(a) Cheddar cheese.
(b) Maple syrup.
(c) A book.
(d) A letter.
7. What bites Harriet when she is hiding in the woods one night?
(a) A spider.
(b) A snake.
(d) A rabid dog.
8. Which of the following is NOT someone whom Dr. Norcom has had arrested?
(c) Aunt Betty.
9. How much is the reward offered by Dr. Norcom for Harriet's return?
10. What is the city where Louisa lives?
(a) New York.
11. What does Harriet make for Lulu for Christmas?
(b) A plaid dress.
(d) Hair bands.
12. Who is Dr. Norcom's son to whom Dr. Norcom gives Harriet?
13. Who is the woman Samuel Sawyer marries?
14. How does Harriet spend a lot of her time doing in her hiding place in Gran's house?
(d) Reading the Bible.
15. Where does Harriet hide at Gran's house?
(a) A storeroom.
(b) A shed.
(c) Under the porch.
(d) The cellar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Dr. Norcom and James do when they realize Harriet is missing?
2. How many years will John be gone on a whaling ship?
3. Who is the man who walks Harriet to the wharf?
4. How many times did Joseph run away before finally disappearing?
5. What is the reason Harriet comes out of her hiding place for the first time in years?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)