|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: 1835-1842.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What bites Harriet when she is hiding in the woods one night?
(a) A snake.
(b) A spider.
(c) A rabid dog.
2. Who is Harriet's brother?
(a) Little John.
(b) Little Matthew.
(c) Little Andrew.
(d) Little James.
3. Why do Harriet and her baby live with Gran?
(a) Mrs. Norcom won't let them in the house.
(b) Harriet helps take care of Gran.
(c) Gran wants to keep men away from Harriet.
(d) Gran wants to take care of them.
4. Who is the man who led the slave uprising in August of 1831?
(a) Gabe Trenton.
(b) Nat Turner.
(c) Sam Turnbill.
(d) Forrest Lyons.
5. What is the worst menace Harriet and the others face while waiting in the swamp?
Short Answer Questions
1. By what nickname does Harriet call her daughter?
2. What is Harriet's daughter's name?
3. What possession of Harriet's does Mrs. Norcom forbid her to use?
4. Who wants to buy Harriet's freedom and marry her?
5. What does the man in #41 ask of Harriet?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)