|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: 1825-1833.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Harriet's owner?
(a) Marjorie Hemings.
(b) Mary Husted.
(c) Margaret Horniblow.
(d) Mable Hawthorne.
2. Who wants to buy Harriet's freedom and marry her?
3. What does Harriet enter into the book she receives from her owner?
4. Into which state can free Negroes not enter?
5. What possession of Harriet's does Mrs. Norcom forbid her to use?
(a) Hair brush.
(c) Pen and paper.
(d) New shoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harriet hope that Miss Margaret gave her in her will?
2. Gran was given her freedom in Missus Elizabeth's will but does not leave because ______________________.
3. At what church is Harriet's daughter baptized?
4. In January of 1833, Harriet writes to R. that local people have died of which disease?
5. Who is Doctor Norcum's wife?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)