|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: 1825-1833.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had Miss Elizabeth bought with the $300 she borrowed from Gran?
(a) A slave girl.
(b) Woolen fabrics.
(c) An emerald necklace.
(d) A silver candelabra.
2. What does Harriet enter into the book she receives from her owner?
3. What happy event occurs in Harriet's family?
(a) Gran is given her freedom.
(b) Gran turns 75.
(c) Harriet has a baby.
(d) James gets married.
4. Harriet's father can buy his freedom for ______________ dollars.
5. What is placed on Miss Horniblow's eyelids after she dies?
(a) Jar lids.
(b) Tiny stones.
(c) Silver dollars.
(d) Sea shells.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harriet name her son?
2. What is Harriet's father's skill?
3. Which of the following best describes Dr. Norcom?
4. How old is Harriet when she begins writing letters?
5. In August of 1831, there is a ___________________ uprising.
This section contains 136 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)