|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: 1825-1833.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Gran been teaching Harriet to make?
(d) Pecan cake.
2. What does Harriet hope that Miss Margaret gave her in her will?
(a) A necklace.
(b) A pen and paper.
(c) Her freedom.
(d) A sewing kit.
3. What does Harriet do for the first time at Hayes plantation?
(a) Presses apple cider.
(b) Runs away.
(c) Sews in a quilting bee.
(d) Goes to a dance.
4. Harriet's father can buy his freedom for ______________ dollars.
5. Who is Harriet's brother?
(a) Little Matthew.
(b) Little John.
(c) Little James.
(d) Little Andrew.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happy event occurs in Harriet's family?
2. Who is the man who led the slave uprising in August of 1831?
3. How old is Harriet when she begins writing letters?
4. What does Harriet name her son?
5. Gran was given her freedom in Missus Elizabeth's will but does not leave because ______________________.
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)