|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: 1825-1833.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nickname does Harriet have for Dr. Norcom?
(a) Pickle Face.
(b) Dr. Nevercom.
(c) Dr. Devil.
(d) The General.
2. What does Harriet enter into the book she receives from her owner?
3. What nickname does Harriet's brother call her?
(a) Hay seed.
4. Who is Harriet's owner?
(a) Margaret Horniblow.
(b) Marjorie Hemings.
(c) Mable Hawthorne.
(d) Mary Husted.
5. What does the man in #41 ask of Harriet?
(a) To bake a special cake.
(b) To look after his daughter.
(c) To pick cherries for his wife.
(d) To become his lover.
Short Answer Questions
1. Harriet tells R that _____________________ is one of the meanest slaveholders in the county.
2. What do the slaves call a wedding ceremony?
3. In what year does Harriet begin writing letters?
4. What ruling was in effect in Chowan County where Harriet lives after the slave revolt?
5. What does Harriet hope that Miss Margaret gave her in her will?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)