|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: 1842-1897.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Gran throw Harriet out of her house?
(a) Because she no longer goes to church.
(b) Because she swore at her.
(c) Because she tried to run away.
(d) Because she is pregnant.
2. How much money does Dr. Norcom want to borrow from Widow Blount to chase after Harriet in New York?
3. In what city do Harriet and her children reunite to live together for the first time in nine years?
(c) New York.
4. What is one reason that Harriet does not tell the Willises about her letters?
(a) She is unsure of her spelling.
(b) She likes having a secret.
(c) She thinks Mr. Willis is pro-slavery.
(d) She is afraid the Messmores will find her.
5. Where does John move to in 1858?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of cure does the doctor use on Harriet's owner?
2. What ruling was in effect in Chowan County where Harriet lives after the slave revolt?
3. What does Harriet do for the first time at Hayes plantation?
4. Who does Gran ask for help when Harriet tells her about Dr. Norcom's advances?
5. John and Joseph leave California in 1857 to go to _____________________.
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)