|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: 1825-1833.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Harriet's owner?
(a) Marjorie Hemings.
(b) Mable Hawthorne.
(c) Mary Husted.
(d) Margaret Horniblow.
2. What is placed on Miss Horniblow's eyelids after she dies?
(a) Silver dollars.
(b) Tiny stones.
(c) Jar lids.
(d) Sea shells.
3. Who approaches Harriet with inappropriate advances?
(a) Dr. Johnson.
(b) Dr. Norcum.
(c) Mr. Beaulieu.
(d) Mr. Kagey.
4. Who is the man who led the slave uprising in August of 1831?
(a) Sam Turnbill.
(b) Nat Turner.
(c) Forrest Lyons.
(d) Gabe Trenton.
5. Which one of Gran's friends dies of Rheumatic Fever?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Gran ask for help when Harriet tells her about Dr. Norcom's advances?
2. What does Dr. Norcom do when he learns that Harriet has had another child?
3. What is Harriet's father's skill?
4. What does Harriet enter into the book she receives from her owner?
5. Where does Dr. Norcom plan to have Harriet stay so he can have her all to himself?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)