|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: 1825-1833.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nickname does Harriet's brother call her?
(d) Hay seed.
2. Harriet's owner gives her a book filled with ____________________.
(a) Numbers and lists.
(b) Family tree.
3. What do the slaves call a wedding ceremony?
(a) Hoeing the field.
(b) Jumping the broom.
(c) Churning the butter.
(d) Singing the glory.
4. Who approaches Harriet with inappropriate advances?
(a) Dr. Norcum.
(b) Mr. Beaulieu.
(c) Dr. Johnson.
(d) Mr. Kagey.
5. What does Dr. Norcom do when he learns that Harriet has had another child?
(a) He demands that she give the child his last name.
(b) He sells her.
(c) He cuts her hair very short.
(d) He sells the child.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Mary Matilda when Harriet is given to her?
2. What has Gran been teaching Harriet to make?
3. What ruling was in effect in Chowan County where Harriet lives after the slave revolt?
4. How much does the person in #30 pay for Gran?
5. What structure did the whites tear down in the slave revolt?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)