|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Fernando's teacher say "genius" was, according to the narrative in Book 2, Chapter 5: "Tag"?
(a) Finding a correlation between two great ideas.
(b) Opening one's mind.
(c) If you think of something first.
(d) Looking into the future.
2. Who are described as the New York artists that had made a killing from going "back to the forties, living the lifestyle and the clothes" in Book 1, Chapter 3: "A Fear of Love"?
(a) Brett and Delaney.
(b) Janet and Tom.
(c) William and Jennifer.
(d) Agnes and Rob.
3. Where does Fernando work for his stepfather?
(a) At a bookstore.
(b) At a cemetery.
(c) At a butcher shop.
(d) At a barber shop.
4. What television show does the person on the payphone in New York think they are on in Book 2, Chapter 6: "Etherwest"?
(b) Spycam Series.
(c) Candid Camera.
(d) Mork and Mindy.
5. What type of birds does the walker see a nest of in the beginning of Book 1, Chapter 4: "Let the Great World Spin Forever Down"?
(a) Golden eagles.
(c) Red-tailed hawks.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is the cable that the walker trains on in the meadow in Book 1, Chapter 4: "Let the Great World Spin Forever Down"?
2. Where did the narrator of Book 1, Chapter 1: "All Respects to Heaven, I Like It Here" grow up?
3. According to the narrator in Book 1, Chapter 4: "Let the Great World Spin Forever Down," the World Trade Center towers were designed to sway how much in a storm?
4. How old is Fernando when he attempts to see the photo editor of the New York Times?
5. What is the name of Fernando's stepfather?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is revealed of the protagonist’s past in the beginning of Book 1, Chapter 3: “A Fear of Love”?
2. How is the concept of “genius” defined in Book 2, Chapter 5: “Tag”?
3. How is the central conflict resolved in Book 1, Chapter 2: “Miro, Miro on the Wall”?
4. What is a “blue box” and how is it used in Book 2, Chapter 6: “Etherwest”?
5. What is the passion of the protagonist in Book 2, Chapter 5: “Tag”?
6. What happens when the walker jumps into the snow in Book 1, Chapter 4: “Let the Great World Spin Forever Down”?
7. What event is taking place in Book 1, Chapter 2: “Miro, Miro on the Wall”?
8. How is the beginning of the walker’s historic stunt described Book 1, Chapter 4: “Let the Great World Spin Forever Down”?
9. How would you describe the protagonist and narrator of Book 1, Chapter 3: “A Fear of Love”?
10. What is foreshadowed in the end of Book 1, Chapter 3: “A Fear of Love”?
This section contains 939 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)