|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Claire Soderberg's husband's name?
2. Where was Fernando when he saw his first tag underground?
(a) 138th Street.
(b) Wall Street.
(d) 15th Street.
3. How does Lara describe her mother in Book 1, Chapter 3: "A Fear of Love"?
(a) She was a Norweigan model.
(b) She was a college professor.
(c) She was a sculptor.
(d) She was a ballet dancer.
4. From what narrative perspective is Book 1, Chapter 4: "Let the Great World Spin Forever Down" related?
(a) It is related from the first-person perspective of Lara.
(b) It is related from a third-person narrator.
(c) It is related from the first-person perspetive of Claire.
(d) It is related from the first-person perspective of the walker.
5. At what time does the walker begin his tightrope cross in the Prologue?
(a) 8:15 a.m.
(b) 7:47 a.m.
(c) 7:15 a.m.
(d) 6 a.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. What profession does the narrator of Book 1, Chapter 1: "All Respects to Heaven, I Like It Here" say his father held?
2. How old is Claire Soderberg in Book 1, Chapter 2: "Miro, Miro on the Wall"?
3. What odd habit does the walker adopt while living in the cabin and training in the meadow?
4. How high up is the tightrope walker described in the Prologue as he crossed the Twin Towers?
5. How much does Fernando consider to be "serious money" that the girl got for getting a photo on the cover of the Village Voice?
Short Essay Questions
1. What leads to the confrontation between Ciaran and Lara at the car in Book 1, Chapter 3: “A Fear of Love”?
2. What is foreshadowed in the end of Book 1, Chapter 3: “A Fear of Love”?
3. What is a “blue box” and how is it used in Book 2, Chapter 6: “Etherwest”?
4. Who is the narrator of Book 1, Chapter 2: “Miro, Miro on the Wall”? Who is the protagonist in this chapter?
5. How would you describe the narrative style of Book 1, Chapter 4: “Let the Great World Spin Forever Down”?
6. What brings Lara to the hospital in Book 1, Chapter 3: “A Fear of Love”? What does she discover at the hospital?
7. What is the passion of the protagonist in Book 2, Chapter 5: “Tag”?
8. What happens when the walker jumps into the snow in Book 1, Chapter 4: “Let the Great World Spin Forever Down”?
9. What are the two main settings of Book One, Chapter 1: “All Respects to Heaven, I Like It Here”? How are these settings compared?
10. What action breaks the initial tension described in the Prologue? Why?
This section contains 928 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)