|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time period is established in the opening of Book 4, Chapter 12: "Roaring Seaward, And I Go"?
(a) October, 2006.
(b) July, 2010.
(c) March, 1999.
(d) September, 2001.
2. Where is Jaslyn waiting in a security line at the airport in the beginning of Book 4, Chapter 12: "Roaring Seaward, And I Go"?
(a) Little Rock, Arkansas.
(b) Cleveland, Ohio.
(c) Memphis, Tennessee.
(d) New York, New York.
3. Who is the doorman that greets Jaslyn when she arrives at Claire's building in Book 4, Chapter 12: "Roaring Seaward, And I Go"?
4. What is Adelita's profession?
(a) She is a teacher.
(b) She is a baker.
(c) She is a nurse.
(d) She is a stock broker.
5. Where is Adelita from?
(a) The Philippines.
(b) Puerto Rico.
6. In what war did Gloria lose two brothers?
(a) World War I.
(b) The Korean War.
(c) The Vietnam War.
(d) World War II.
7. Where did Adelita first get an apartment when she moved to New York?
(b) Greenwich Village.
(c) The Upper West Side.
(d) The Upper East Side.
8. Where is Pino from?
9. Where does Solomon Soderberg live?
(a) Park Avenue.
(b) Greenwich Village.
(d) Jersey City.
10. Where did Gloria grow up?
11. What sound is described as overtaking all sounds to the walker in Book 2, Chapter 8: "The Ringing Grooves of Change"?
(a) His heartbeat.
(c) Birds squawking.
12. Where is Gloria when she is mugged in Book 3, Chapter 11: "All Hail and Hallelujah"?
(a) Greenwich Village.
(b) 127th Street.
(c) Park Avenue and 23rd.
(d) Broadway and 42nd.
13. What is the walker's biggest concern after he has exited the tightrope in Book 2, Chapter 8: "The Ringing Grooves of Change"?
(a) That the cable be taken down.
(b) That his legs not be shackled.
(c) That he was on television.
(d) That he be allowed to call his lawyer.
14. How many times does Gloria say she's been mugged in New York over the years in Book 3, Chapter 11: "All Hail and Hallelujah"?
(a) 10 times.
(b) 7 times.
(c) 2 times.
(d) 5 times.
15. Who is Jaslyn's adoptive mother following her mother's death?
Short Answer Questions
1. How far is the walker from each tower when he stops to take in a moment of silence in Book 2, Chapter 8: "The Ringing Grooves of Change"?
2. Who is the famous artist Tillie describes meeting in New York in Book 2, Chapter 7: "This is the House That Horse Built"?
3. What television show is playing in the background as Adelita awakens next to Corrigan in Book 3, Chapter 10: "Centavos"?
4. Where does Pino say he's just moved in Book 4, Chapter 12: "Roaring Seaward, And I Go"?
5. Where did Jaslyn attend college?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)