|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What television show is playing in the background as Adelita awakens next to Corrigan in Book 3, Chapter 10: "Centavos"?
(a) Good Morning America.
(c) The 6:00 News.
(d) Sesame Street.
2. Where is Solomon dropped off in a cab for work in Book 3, Chapter 9: "Part of the Parts"?
(a) 3000 Union Square.
(b) 100 Centre Street.
(c) 1212 Broadway.
(d) 2014 Park Avenue.
3. How many brothers did Gloria have growing up?
4. Who is the assistant D.A. in Solomon's courtroom in Book 3, Chapter 9: "Part of the Parts"?
(a) Michael Anderson.
(b) James Liveberg.
(c) Paul Concrombie.
(d) Mark Williams.
5. What is Tillie's last name in the novel?
6. What do Pino and Jaslyn drink during their flight in Book 4, Chapter 12: "Roaring Seaward, And I Go"?
(a) Red wine.
(b) Whiskey sours.
(c) Gin and tonics.
(d) Coca Cola.
7. Where is Pino from?
8. What does the tag on the man's bag in front of Jaslyn at the airport say in Book 4, Chapter 12: "Roaring Seaward, And I Go"?
(b) "American Red Cross."
(c) "Doctors Without Borders."
(d) "Judge Solomon Soderberg."
9. Where does the walker rent an apartment in New York in Book 2, Chapter 8: "The Ringing Grooves of Change"?
(a) St. Marks Place.
(b) Broadway and 42nd.
(c) Park Avenue.
10. How much money does Adelita say she pays for rent each month in Book 3, Chapter 10: "Centavos"?
11. How does Adelita describe her home in Book 3, Chapter 10: "Centavos"?
(a) A tenement.
(b) A clapboard house.
(c) A penhouse.
(d) A shotgun house.
12. To whom did Gloria's mother sell the slave exchange slip that belonged to her grandmother?
(a) A museum curator.
(b) An Englishman.
(c) A wealthy doctor.
(d) A Yale professor.
13. What does Gloria say her father did for a living mostly when she was growing up?
(a) He painted houses.
(b) He was a pimp.
(c) He paved roads.
(d) He worked at a butcher shop.
14. What are described in Book 3, Chapter 9: "Part of the Parts" as the "Two pillars of salt" that New York sees looking over its shoulder?
(a) Long Island and New Jersey.
(b) Cleveland and Brooklyn.
(c) Brooklyn and Queens.
(d) New Jersey and Massachusetts.
15. Where was Tillie born?
(a) Little Rock, Arkansas.
(b) Cleveland, Ohio.
(c) Newark, New Jersey.
(d) Jackson, Mississippi.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the walker's biggest concern after he has exited the tightrope in Book 2, Chapter 8: "The Ringing Grooves of Change"?
2. Where does Solomon Soderberg live?
3. How many marriages does Gloria say she's lost in Book 3, Chapter 11: "All Hail and Hallelujah"?
4. How old was Tillie when she first began prostituting herself?
5. Who was Tillie's first pimp in New York?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)