|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Adelita describe her home in Book 3, Chapter 10: "Centavos"?
(a) A shotgun house.
(b) A clapboard house.
(c) A tenement.
(d) A penhouse.
2. Who is revealed to be Ciaran's wife in Book 4, Chapter 12: "Roaring Seaward, And I Go"?
3. How old is Tillie in Book 2, Chapter 7: "This is the House That Horse Built"?
4. How old was Tillie when she first began prostituting herself?
5. What are the names of Adelita's children?
(a) Walter and Andrew.
(b) Sarah and James.
(c) Marcia and Gloria.
(d) Eliana and Jacobo.
6. Who informs Solomon about the tightrope walker in Book 3, Chapter 9: "Part of the Parts"?
(d) Judge Pollack.
7. What sound is described as overtaking all sounds to the walker in Book 2, Chapter 8: "The Ringing Grooves of Change"?
(b) Birds squawking.
(c) His heartbeat.
8. What do Adelita's children call Corrigan?
(c) Uncle C.
9. What is Adelita's profession?
(a) She is a nurse.
(b) She is a stock broker.
(c) She is a baker.
(d) She is a teacher.
10. How many marriages does Gloria say she's lost in Book 3, Chapter 11: "All Hail and Hallelujah"?
11. What excuse does Gloria give Claire for not staying behind at her apartment in Book 3, Chapter 11: "All Hail and Hallelujah"?
(a) She says she has to attend an AA meeting.
(b) She says she has to get her kids from school.
(c) She says she has a choir meeting at church.
(d) She says she has to pick her husband up from work.
12. What is Tillie's last name in the novel?
13. Where did Jaslyn grow up after her mother's death?
(a) Montague, California.
(b) Cleveland, Ohio.
(c) Newark, New Jersey.
(d) Poughkeepsie, New York.
14. About how old was Jazzlyn when Tillie left her in her mother's care?
15. What day of the week is it in Adelita's memory of awakening with Corrigan in Book 3, Chapter 10: "Centavos"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the man that said he was grooming Tillie when she was thirteen?
2. What professionals fill the restaurant that Solomon regularly lunches at in Book 3, Chapter 9: "Part of the Parts"?
3. Of the walker, the narrator says in Book 2, Chapter 8: "The Ringing Grooves of Change," "He thought of himself sometimes as a man who wanted to" what?
4. In what war did Gloria lose two brothers?
5. Where is Jaslyn waiting in a security line at the airport in the beginning of Book 4, Chapter 12: "Roaring Seaward, And I Go"?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)