|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time period is established in the opening of Book 4, Chapter 12: "Roaring Seaward, And I Go"?
(a) October, 2006.
(b) July, 2010.
(c) March, 1999.
(d) September, 2001.
2. How old was Gloria when she left her hometown and moved north?
3. How long after making love to Adelita for the first time does Corrigan die in the car accident?
(a) Two days later.
(b) One week later.
(c) Two weeks later.
(d) One month later.
4. How old was Tillie when she first put on lipstick?
5. How does Adelita describe her home in Book 3, Chapter 10: "Centavos"?
(a) A tenement.
(b) A shotgun house.
(c) A clapboard house.
(d) A penhouse.
6. What do Adelita's children call Corrigan?
(a) Uncle C.
7. Who is revealed to be Ciaran's wife in Book 4, Chapter 12: "Roaring Seaward, And I Go"?
8. What were the names of Gloria's sons she lost in the Vietnam War?
(a) Jerome, Arthur, and Thomas.
(b) William, Clyde, and James.
(c) Andrew and Peter.
(d) Clarence, Brandon, and Jason.
9. What is Tillie's last name in the novel?
10. How many brothers did Gloria have growing up?
11. How much money does Adelita say she pays for rent each month in Book 3, Chapter 10: "Centavos"?
12. What day of the week is it in Adelita's memory of awakening with Corrigan in Book 3, Chapter 10: "Centavos"?
13. What television show is playing in the background as Adelita awakens next to Corrigan in Book 3, Chapter 10: "Centavos"?
(a) Sesame Street.
(b) The 6:00 News.
(d) Good Morning America.
14. Where did Gloria's mother work as an office cleaner when Gloria was a child?
(a) At a high school.
(b) At a museum.
(c) At a newspaper office.
(d) At a bank.
15. Who is the assistant D.A. in Solomon's courtroom in Book 3, Chapter 9: "Part of the Parts"?
(a) James Liveberg.
(b) Mark Williams.
(c) Michael Anderson.
(d) Paul Concrombie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What professionals fill the restaurant that Solomon regularly lunches at in Book 3, Chapter 9: "Part of the Parts"?
2. Who suggests the women meet again next week at her house when leaving Claire's in Book 3, Chapter 11: "All Hail and Hallelujah"?
3. Where is Adelita from?
4. Where does the narrator describe the tightrope walker performing before his World Trade Center stunt in Book 2, Chapter 8: "The Ringing Grooves of Change"?
5. How many entries does Tillie describe on her rap sheet in Book 2, Chapter 7: "This is the House That Horse Built"?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)