|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Pino from?
2. Where does the narrator describe "the fields of long grass around the shrinking meadow" in Book 2, Chapter 8: "The Ringing Grooves of Change"?
3. How many times does Gloria say she's been mugged in New York over the years in Book 3, Chapter 11: "All Hail and Hallelujah"?
(a) 2 times.
(b) 10 times.
(c) 5 times.
(d) 7 times.
4. Near what city did Adelita's husband die?
(a) Mexico City.
(b) Fort Lauderdale.
(c) New York City.
5. How much money does Adelita say she pays for rent each month in Book 3, Chapter 10: "Centavos"?
6. How many brothers did Gloria have growing up?
7. What happens when the walker crosses to the Japanese woman's apartment in Book 2, Chapter 8: "The Ringing Grooves of Change"?
(a) His apartment is robbed.
(b) He is stabbed.
(c) He is arrested.
(d) She asks him to marry her.
8. What is the name of Solomon Soderberg's wife?
9. Where did Gloria's mother work as an office cleaner when Gloria was a child?
(a) At a high school.
(b) At a newspaper office.
(c) At a museum.
(d) At a bank.
10. What do Pino and Jaslyn drink during their flight in Book 4, Chapter 12: "Roaring Seaward, And I Go"?
(a) Coca Cola.
(b) Gin and tonics.
(c) Red wine.
(d) Whiskey sours.
11. What is Tillie's last name in the novel?
12. What does Gloria say her father did for a living mostly when she was growing up?
(a) He painted houses.
(b) He worked at a butcher shop.
(c) He paved roads.
(d) He was a pimp.
13. How many marriages does Gloria say she's lost in Book 3, Chapter 11: "All Hail and Hallelujah"?
14. Who is the doorman that greets Jaslyn when she arrives at Claire's building in Book 4, Chapter 12: "Roaring Seaward, And I Go"?
15. When the police helicopters begin to circle the walker in Book 2, Chapter 8: "The Ringing Grooves of Change," the narrator says that "Together both helicopters sounded like" what?
(a) "Train tracks shuffling."
(b) "Ligaments clicking."
(c) "Corpses rising from the dead."
(d) "Beetles flying above."
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Adelita first see Corrigan?
2. How old was Gloria when she left her hometown and moved north?
3. Who was Tillie's first pimp in New York?
4. What sound is described as overtaking all sounds to the walker in Book 2, Chapter 8: "The Ringing Grooves of Change"?
5. How old was Tillie when she first began prostituting herself?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)