|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 3: "A Fear of Love".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What car are Lara and Blaine driving when the car accident takes place?
(a) A 1939 Rolls Royce.
(b) A 1998 Ford Explorer.
(c) A 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse.
(d) A 1927 Pontiac Landau.
2. About how old was Corrigan when he began getting drunk, according to the narrator in Book 1, Chapter 1: "All Respects to Heaven, I Like It Here"?
(a) 12 or 13.
(b) 19 or 20.
(c) 9 or 10.
(d) 15 or 16.
3. Who are described as the New York artists that had made a killing from going "back to the forties, living the lifestyle and the clothes" in Book 1, Chapter 3: "A Fear of Love"?
(a) William and Jennifer.
(b) Agnes and Rob.
(c) Brett and Delaney.
(d) Janet and Tom.
4. What is the profession of Claire's husband in the novel?
(a) He is a judge.
(b) He is a diplomat.
(c) He is a banker.
(d) He is a college professor.
5. What profession does the narrator of Book 1, Chapter 1: "All Respects to Heaven, I Like It Here" say his father held?
(a) He was a banker.
(b) He was a barber.
(c) He was a butcher.
(d) He was a physicist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lara describe in the backseat of her car when the accident happened in Book 1, Chapter 3: "A Fear of Love"?
2. How old is Claire Soderberg in Book 1, Chapter 2: "Miro, Miro on the Wall"?
3. Where does the narrator describe the house he grew up in, in Book 1, Chapter 1: "All Respects to Heaven, I Like It Here"?
4. Who is the doorman at Claire's apartment building on the day of the women's gathering in Book 1, Chapter 2: "Miro, Miro on the Wall"?
5. How old is Corrigan when he first goes out and gives a blanket to a homeless man in Book 1, Chapter 1: "All Respects to Heaven, I Like It Here"?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)