|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 3: "A Fear of Love".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What buildings is the walker crossing between in the Prologue?
(a) The World Trade Center Towers.
(b) The Portland Towers.
(c) The Empire State Building and Federal Hall.
(d) The Sears Tower and the Chrysler Building.
2. What kind of music does Lara describe playing when the car accident occurs in Book 1, Chapter 3: "A Fear of Love"?
(c) 1920s jazz.
(d) Opera music.
3. What does the narrator describe as Corrigan's central theme in life in Book 1, Chapter 1: "All Respects to Heaven, I Like It Here"?
(a) Romantic passion.
4. What car are Lara and Blaine driving when the car accident takes place?
(a) A 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse.
(b) A 1927 Pontiac Landau.
(c) A 1998 Ford Explorer.
(d) A 1939 Rolls Royce.
5. How frequently does the narrator's father send checks to his mother after leaving the family in Book 1, Chapter 1: "All Respects to Heaven, I Like It Here"?
(a) Once every two weeks.
(b) Once every two months.
(c) Once a month.
(d) Once a week.
Short Answer Questions
1. What led to the narrator's mother's death in Book 1, Chapter 1: "All Respects to Heaven, I Like It Here"?
2. How does Lara describe her mother in Book 1, Chapter 3: "A Fear of Love"?
3. Who describes the tightrope walker when she arrives at Claire's apartment in Book 1, Chapter 2: "Miro, Miro on the Wall"?
4. In what year does Lara describe moving with Blaine to upstate New York in Book 1, Chapter 3: "A Fear of Love"?
5. For how long have Lara and Blaine been married when they are involved in the car accident in the narrative?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)