|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is in jail, accused of killing Mr. Barnett?
(a) TJ Avery.
(b) Willie & Maynard Wiggins.
(c) Mrs. Barnett.
(d) RW & Melvin Simms.
2. What does Stacey say would happen to a black person who got caught using the courthouse restrooms or fountain?
(a) The Sheriff would arrest them.
(b) They would get in a lot of trouble.
(c) They would have to clean the toilets.
(d) The white folks would chase them home.
3. What did Joe say about Uncle Hammer's new car?
(a) The yellow color is too bright.
(b) The Packard was a nicer shade of yellow.
(c) He liked the Packard more.
(d) The yellow is a happy color.
4. How large is the Logan farm?
(a) 200 acres.
(b) 300 acres.
(c) 400 acres.
(d) 500 acres.
5. Who do Mama and Big Ma think will give Mrs. Lee Annie trouble if she goes through with her plans?
(a) Mr. Peck.
(b) Mr. Granger.
(c) Mr. Lee.
(d) The Sheriff.
6. What is the subject of the pastor's lecture to the congregation on that Sunday?
(a) Loving white neighbors and to stop distrusting them.
(b) Loving your neighbors and not distrusting them.
(c) Loving all black neighbors and trusting them.
(d) Loving all neighobrs who are good to you.
7. What happens the second time Cassie's Papa finds out she is playing marbles?
(a) He makes her memorize the Ten Commandments.
(b) He makes her give back the marbles she won.
(c) She is grounded.
(d) She must recite the Tenth Commandment.
8. Who offers milk to the young man?
(a) Mrs. Lee Annie Lees.
(b) Stacey Logan.
(c) Cassie Logan.
(d) PaPa Logan.
9. How do the Logans refer to their grandmother?
(a) Grandmother Logan.
(b) Big Mo.
(c) Big Ma.
10. Who does Mr. Farnsworth say beat him up?
(b) White men.
(c) Papa and Uncle Hammer.
(d) Black men.
11. Why doesn't PaPa want his children to play marbles?
(a) He considers it to be gambling.
(b) It is time for dinner.
(c) He is afraid someone would fall on them.
(d) He wants them to do their chores.
12. From where do they all watch the trial?
(a) From outside the courthouse.
(b) From the back row of the courtroom.
(c) From the back of the wagon.
(d) From the courthouse hallway.
13. During his testimony, Reverend Gabson says that TJ was with RW and Melvin Sims on the night of the murder. Where were they?
(a) At a revival.
(b) In a car.
(c) At the pool hall.
(d) At church.
14. Although TJ doesn't say anything as he is led from the courthouse, what does he do?
(a) He cries.
(b) He struggles with his guards.
(c) He smiles.
(d) He spits on the white guards.
15. What does Cousin Bud say after Uncle Hammer berates him?
(a) He should never have told them his secret.
(b) He says Uncle Hammer is the fool.
(c) He should never have dated a women from New York.
(d) He says that Uncle Hammer is right.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Mr. Jamison questions several people about the night of Mr. Barnett's death, the testimonies offered also make the actions of which two other people look suspicious?
2. How was Mr. Barnett killed?
3. What happens to TJ Avery's appeal for a new trial?
4. Who set the fire on the night TJ Avery was nearly lynched?
5. Why does Moe Turner walk three hours every weekday?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)