Short Answer Key
1. Who returns home wearing an Army uniform?
2. Which marble catches Cassie's eye?
The blue green marble.
3. What surrounds the town?
4. Who is in jail, accused of killing Mr. Barnett?
5. Who was Mr. Barnett?
A store owner.
6. Who wants to find work so that he can buy milk for his siblings?
7. Who offers milk to the young man?
8. Who is with Doris Ann when they find her hanging from the church bell rope?
9. What is the argument concerning Russell's return to Indiana?
He should not wear his uniform because he might be beaten by white bigots along the route he would travel.
10. Where is Joe at the end of Chapter One?
He follows Wordell into the woods.
11. What is the only reason why TJ Avery was...
This section contains 3,187 words|
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)