|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Moe do when Joe Billy offers him a ride home from school?
(a) He ignores the other boy.
(b) He politely refuses.
(c) He asks if his friends can also have a ride.
(d) He accepts the ride.
2. What is the consequence of Papa's decision to quit the government program?
(a) Nothing will happen.
(b) He will set a bad example to other farmers.
(c) He will pay higher taxes.
(d) He will be able to stop paying high taxes.
3. How does Mr. Jamison discredit Mrs.Barnett's testimony?
(a) He puts a black stocking on the hand of RW Sims.
(b) He makes her take off her glasses and pick out three men who are the height of her husband's killers.
(c) He explains TJ's fingerprints were not on the white handled pistol.
(d) He shows that TJ is shorter than she says the men were and uses a black stocking to show how it can make a white man appear to be black.
4. Who is the oldest Logan child?
(d) Little Man.
5. Why is Mama no longer a teacher?
(a) She prefered chopping wood.
(b) She was fired for organizing a boycott.
(c) She did not like working with children.
(d) They no longer needed the money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Joe at the end of Chapter One?
2. When the Logan children and their friends are walking to school, why must they listen for the white school bus?
3. Who was Mr. Barnett?
4. What did Joe say about Uncle Hammer's new car?
5. What does Cassie inwardly confess about Mrs. Lee Annie?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)