|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who offers milk to the young man?
(a) Stacey Logan.
(b) PaPa Logan.
(c) Cassie Logan.
(d) Mrs. Lee Annie Lees.
2. How does Stacey explain Uncle Hammer's anger about the Jacey Peters incident to Cassie?
(a) He explains that Uncle Hammer knows that Stacey likes Jacey Peters.
(b) He tells her that when a white boy talks to a black girl, he is usually up to no good.
(c) He tells Cassie that Uncle Hammer is secretly in love with Jacey.
(d) He tells her no one wants whites and blacks to mix.
3. Who wants to find work so that he can buy milk for his siblings?
(a) Little Man.
(b) Dube Cross.
(c) Moe Turner.
(d) Maynard Wiggins.
4. How large is the Logan farm?
(a) 400 acres.
(b) 200 acres.
(c) 300 acres.
(d) 500 acres.
5. When the Logan children and their friends are walking to school, why must they listen for the white school bus?
(a) Because they are afraid if the bus stops they will be beaten by the white children on the bus.
(b) Because they don't want the white children to see them and call them names.
(c) Because they must go into the woods to keep from being splashed with muddy water.
(d) Because the bus driver likes to play chicken with them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the county agent, Mr. Farnsworth, ask the Logans to do?
2. What is Papa's other job?
3. What sustains life in this small southern town?
4. From where do they all watch the trial?
5. How does Mr. Jamison discredit Mrs.Barnett's testimony?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)