|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During his testimony, Reverend Gabson says that TJ was with RW and Melvin Sims on the night of the murder. Where were they?
(a) At the pool hall.
(b) At church.
(c) At a revival.
(d) In a car.
2. What does Mama tell Cassie when she is told about the TJ's trial?
(a) TJ has a great lawyer and will likely get off.
(b) If you do the crime you should do the time.
(c) They should organize another boycott.
(d) He will likely be hanged.
3. What happens when Cassie takes a drink from the courthouse fountain while her brothers use the restrooms?
(a) Jeremy Sims tells the sheriff they are there.
(b) The white folks inside look at them with disgust.
(c) Jeremy Sims grabs her and the boys and makes them leave.
(d) The sheriff chases them out of the building.
4. What is the only reason why TJ Avery was not lynched after he was caught?
(a) RW & Melvin Simms said he didn't do it.
(b) There was a fire on the Logan property.
(c) The town wanted a fair trial.
(d) People were no longer lynched.
5. What does Cousin Bud say after Uncle Hammer berates him?
(a) He says Uncle Hammer is the fool.
(b) He should never have dated a women from New York.
(c) He says that Uncle Hammer is right.
(d) He should never have told them his secret.
Short Answer Questions
1. What wasn't Mrs. Barnett wearing the night her husband was killed?
2. What happens to Cassie's photograph of Jeremy Sims?
3. On Sunday morning, what secret does Cassie have?
4. What day does Papa Logan take his children to visit the Page Ellis family and Mrs. Lee Annie Lees?
5. What does Moe do when Joe Billy offers him a ride home from school?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)