|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Mr. Wheeler and John Moses trying to do?
(a) Form a union of sharecroppers.
(b) Form a union of land owners
(c) Form a cooperative with all the sharecroppers so they will own the majority of the land.
(d) Arrange a strike against the landowners.
2. Why don't they think TJ will have a fair trial?
(a) They have no faith in the justice system.
(b) No jury will believe a black man over a white man.
(c) They have a difficult judge for the trial.
(d) All of the above.
3. From where do they all watch the trial?
(a) From the back row of the courtroom.
(b) From the back of the wagon.
(c) From the courthouse hallway.
(d) From outside the courthouse.
4. When the Logan children and their friends are walking to school, why must they listen for the white school bus?
(a) Because the bus driver likes to play chicken with them.
(b) Because they don't want the white children to see them and call them names.
(c) Because they must go into the woods to keep from being splashed with muddy water.
(d) Because they are afraid if the bus stops they will be beaten by the white children on the bus.
5. Who offers milk to the young man?
(a) Mrs. Lee Annie Lees.
(b) Stacey Logan.
(c) Cassie Logan.
(d) PaPa Logan.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Uncle Bud offers to leave, who insists that he stay?
2. What wasn't Mrs. Barnett wearing the night her husband was killed?
3. What is the consequence of Papa's decision to quit the government program?
4. Who returns home wearing an Army uniform?
5. What sustains life in this small southern town?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)