|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens the second time Cassie's Papa finds out she is playing marbles?
(a) He makes her give back the marbles she won.
(b) She must recite the Tenth Commandment.
(c) He makes her memorize the Ten Commandments.
(d) She is grounded.
2. From where do they all watch the trial?
(a) From the back of the wagon.
(b) From the courthouse hallway.
(c) From the back row of the courtroom.
(d) From outside the courthouse.
3. Who was Mr. Barnett?
(a) Mayor of Strawberry.
(b) A high school teacher.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A store owner.
4. Where is Joe at the end of Chapter One?
(a) He follows Wordell into the woods.
(b) They send out a search party.
(c) He is arrested for attempted murder.
(d) He is chased into the woods.
5. What is the only reason why TJ Avery was not lynched after he was caught?
(a) There was a fire on the Logan property.
(b) RW & Melvin Simms said he didn't do it.
(c) The town wanted a fair trial.
(d) People were no longer lynched.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who returns home wearing an Army uniform?
2. Who is with Doris Ann when they find her hanging from the church bell rope?
3. What surrounds the town?
4. Who joins Papa on the visit to the Page Ellis family and Mrs. Lee Annie Lees?
5. What does Papa say about laws?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)