|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cassie want to do when she hears Mrs. Lee Annie wants to register to vote?
(a) She also wants to register to vote.
(b) She wants to go along and watch.
(c) She wants to talk to Wordell about it.
(d) She wants to talk her out of it.
2. Who offers milk to the young man?
(a) Mrs. Lee Annie Lees.
(b) Stacey Logan.
(c) Cassie Logan.
(d) PaPa Logan.
3. Why don't they think TJ will have a fair trial?
(a) They have no faith in the justice system.
(b) All of the above.
(c) No jury will believe a black man over a white man.
(d) They have a difficult judge for the trial.
4. When the Logan children and their friends are walking to school, why must they listen for the white school bus?
(a) Because they don't want the white children to see them and call them names.
(b) Because they must go into the woods to keep from being splashed with muddy water.
(c) Because they are afraid if the bus stops they will be beaten by the white children on the bus.
(d) Because the bus driver likes to play chicken with them.
5. From where do they all watch the trial?
(a) From the back row of the courtroom.
(b) From the courthouse hallway.
(c) From the back of the wagon.
(d) From outside the courthouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cousin Bud say after Uncle Hammer berates him?
2. When Uncle Hammer returns for Christmas, what does he do?
3. What are Mr. Wheeler and John Moses trying to do?
4. Who do Mama and Big Ma think will give Mrs. Lee Annie trouble if she goes through with her plans?
5. Why are the Logans upset about Joe Billy and Stuart talking to Jacey Peters?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)