|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Papa tell Cassie to do about Stacey's absence?
(a) Stop worrying; Stacey is old enough to make his own decisions.
(b) Have faith that Stacey will return.
(c) She will eventually forget her brother.
(d) Tell all her friends to keep looking for Stacey.
2. What do Mama and Cousin Bud agree on?
(a) Suzella should stay with her mother.
(b) Suzella should live with them for a while.
(c) Suzella should hang around Cassie more.
(d) Suzella should pass herself off as white.
3. On Christmas morning, what song does the Logan family sing?
(a) Will the Circle be Broken?
(b) Silent Night.
(c) Will the Circle be Unbroken?
(d) White Christmas.
4. What does Cassie want to do when she hears Mrs. Lee Annie wants to register to vote?
(a) She wants to talk to Wordell about it.
(b) She also wants to register to vote.
(c) She wants to go along and watch.
(d) She wants to talk her out of it.
5. Why is Mr. Wheeler organizing a meeting?
(a) To discuss how Mr. Granger and Mr. Montier are taking advantage of the tax laws.
(b) To discuss how Mr. Granger and Mr. Peck are taking advantage of the tax laws.
(c) To get the farmers to help him build a new barn after his was burned.
(d) To get all the black farmers to form a union.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the trial, what does Mrs. Jim Lee Barnett say she and her husband found when they came downstairs the night her husband was murdered?
2. What news does Mr. Jamison bring to the family?
3. What happens during Cassie's illness?
4. What happens to Cassie during canning season?
5. Who was Mr. Barnett?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)