|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Logan children and their friends are walking to school, why must they listen for the white school bus?
(a) Because they don't want the white children to see them and call them names.
(b) Because the bus driver likes to play chicken with them.
(c) Because they must go into the woods to keep from being splashed with muddy water.
(d) Because they are afraid if the bus stops they will be beaten by the white children on the bus.
2. Where does the Logan family and Mr. Morrison meet each night after dinner?
(a) In Mama and Papa's room.
(b) On the front porch.
(c) In the library to talk and do homework.
(d) Around the kitchen table for dessert.
3. What happens when Suzella enrolls in the Mississippi school system?
(a) She is in Cassie's class.
(b) She is tested.
(c) She is immediately skipped to grade 11 - 12.
(d) She is disliked because she is a city girl.
4. Why are the Logans upset about Joe Billy and Stuart talking to Jacey Peters?
(a) They are afraid the boys will beat Jacey.
(b) She is white and they are black.
(c) The boys are sharecropper's sons and she is the daughter of a landowner.
(d) They are white and she is black.
5. Who arrives to stop Stuart, Joe Billy and Pierceson from picking on Cousin Bud?
(a) Mr. Morrison.
(b) Uncle Hammer.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the trial, what does Mrs. Jim Lee Barnett say she and her husband found when they came downstairs the night her husband was murdered?
2. During his testimony, Reverend Gabson says that TJ was with RW and Melvin Sims on the night of the murder. Where were they?
3. At church, it is discovered that Jacey Peters is pregnant. Who is rumored to be the father?
4. What happens the second time Cassie's Papa finds out she is playing marbles?
5. What did Joe say about Uncle Hammer's new car?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)