|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stacey say would happen to a black person who got caught using the courthouse restrooms or fountain?
(a) They would have to clean the toilets.
(b) They would get in a lot of trouble.
(c) The white folks would chase them home.
(d) The Sheriff would arrest them.
2. What is Papa's other job?
(a) Teaching at the high school.
(b) Helping build the new hospital.
(c) Working for the railroad.
(d) Working on Mr. Granger's farm.
3. Why does Moe Turner walk three hours every weekday?
(a) To earn extra money taking supplies to the farmers.
(b) To get an education and have a better life than his father.
(c) He wants to stay in shape.
(d) To get to and from his work so he can help his family.
4. What happens to TJ Avery's appeal for a new trial?
(a) It is denied.
(b) It is postponed.
(c) It is put on hold.
(d) It is scheduled for a year later.
5. What does Mr. Granger offer to do for Papa?
(a) Pay Papa's taxes.
(b) Bribe the county agent.
(c) Buy the Logan farm.
(d) Give Papa a loan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who set the fire on the night TJ Avery was nearly lynched?
2. What does Mama tell Cassie when she is told about the TJ's trial?
3. Although TJ doesn't say anything as he is led from the courthouse, what does he do?
4. What is the argument concerning Russell's return to Indiana?
5. What is the only reason why TJ Avery was not lynched after he was caught?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)