|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the Logans upset about Joe Billy and Stuart talking to Jacey Peters?
(a) They are afraid the boys will beat Jacey.
(b) The boys are sharecropper's sons and she is the daughter of a landowner.
(c) They are white and she is black.
(d) She is white and they are black.
2. Why don't they think TJ will have a fair trial?
(a) No jury will believe a black man over a white man.
(b) They have a difficult judge for the trial.
(c) They have no faith in the justice system.
(d) All of the above.
3. What does Cassie think when Papa tells her boys will want to start courting her soon?
(a) She has secretly been dating already.
(b) She can't wait until she begins dating.
(c) She has a crush on Jeremy Sims.
(d) She wants things to stay the same and be just friends with the boys.
4. What does Papa say when Uncle Hammer asks him about his other job?
(a) He might take Stacey along this year.
(b) He might not go this year.
(c) He aks Uncle Hammer to join him this year.
(d) He might work on the hospital construction job instead.
5. What happens when Stacey and Little Willie try to get a job at the hospital construction site?
(a) They are both sent away and told not to come back.
(b) Stacey is told he is too weak to do the work.
(c) Stacey is offered a job whitewashing for a week.
(d) They are both offered a job whitewashing for a week.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Mr. Wheeler and John Moses trying to do?
2. What do the younger brothers tell Stacey and Cassie about their new house guest, Suzella?
3. What does Mr. Morrison do for the Logans?
4. On the day of the trial, who does Stacey meet at the crossroad?
5. What happens when Cassie takes a drink from the courthouse fountain while her brothers use the restrooms?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)