|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why were Papa Logan and Mr. Morrison looking for Dynamite?
(a) Because he is a prized bull and he is missing.
(b) They were going use it to blow up Mr. Granger's barn.
(c) They were hoping to sell their bull to help pay their taxes.
(d) They were going to have him butchered so they would have enough meat.
2. What does Stacey expect will happen if his Papa finds out he is going to the trial?
(a) He'll likely get a whipping.
(b) His father will give him a lecture.
(c) His father won't be happy, but he won't do anything.
(d) His father will ground him for two weeks.
3. What does Cassie ask Suzella that gets them off on the wrong foot?
(a) What is it like to be white and have a "colored" father?
(b) What is it like to be "colored" and have a white mother?
(c) What is it like to live up north?
(d) What is it like to be bi-racial?
4. Why is Mama no longer a teacher?
(a) She was fired for organizing a boycott.
(b) They no longer needed the money.
(c) She prefered chopping wood.
(d) She did not like working with children.
5. How do the Logans refer to their grandmother?
(b) Big Mo.
(c) Grandmother Logan.
(d) Big Ma.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first lesson Mama teaches Mrs. Lee Annie about the constitution?
2. Why are the Logans upset about Joe Billy and Stuart talking to Jacey Peters?
3. What does Little Man tell the others about Mr. Morrison while sitting on the river bank?
4. What does Papa reveal to Cassie about his grandfather?
5. What does the Mississippi constitution say about mixed-race marriages?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)