|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote the acknowledgment section?
2. What are Catherine and Marc doing to the child introduced at the beginning of Chapter 1?
3. Where is Catherine when she finds strength during the family's overseas trip?
4. Who tries to comfort Catherine regarding Anne Marie's illness?
5. According to the acknowledgment section, what did the author get help with?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the three variations of the psychodynamic camp, according to Catherine.
2. What does Catherine read to learn about Anne Marie's problems, and what does she learn?
3. Explain the claims of the book on autism by Niko and Elizabeth Tinbergen.
4. Explain Catherine's concerns about Michel when he is approximately eighteen months old.
5. What therapists does Catherine thank in the acknowledgments section?
6. Explain holding therapy.
7. Explain the afterword.
8. What action does Catherine take after the holding session at the Mothering Center in Connecticut?
9. Why do some people show dislike for behavioral therapy?
10. What specific information about Michel is included in Appendix II?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the purpose of Catherine's book? Does she achieve this purpose? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Explain holding therapy, using examples from the book of its use, both positively and negatively.
Essay Topic 3
Explain speech therapy, using examples from the book of its use.
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)