|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Bridget's relationship with the Maurice family?
2. What is the relationship between Catherine Maurice and Bernard Rimland?
3. What is the purpose of the foreword?
4. Who is Kelly?
5. What does the Maurice family begin to read about in Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain Catherine's concerns about Michel when he is approximately eighteen months old.
2. Why does Catherine thank those who came before her in the fight for autistic children?
3. According to Chapter 17, why do Anne Marie's negative behaviors increase and how are they handled by Catherine?
4. What is behavior modification?
5. What does Bernard Rimland promote as treatment for autism?
6. Explain the Maurice family's trip to France in Chapter 9.
7. Explain the professional advice Catherine receives in Chapter 4.
8. Explain how holding therapy goes for Catherine in Chapter 12 and how it affects her feelings toward behavioral therapy.
9. Explain Anne Marie's experience with a plate of crackers from Chapter 15.
10. Explain holding therapy.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the importance of family to behavioral therapy using the Maurice family as an example.
Essay Topic 2
Explain speech therapy, using examples from the book of its use.
Essay Topic 3
What is the purpose of Catherine's book? Does she achieve this purpose? Why or why not?
This section contains 896 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)