|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Catherine initially react to Anne Marie's struggles in Chapter 2?
2. What is one behavior Anne Marie begins to do in Chapter 5?
3. Why do others suspect Anne Marie is unhappy, according to Chapter 2?
4. Rimland promotes all forms of therapy for _______.
5. What is one reason Rimland praises Catherine?
Short Essay Questions
1. What specific information about Michel is included in Appendix II?
2. According to the acknowledgments section, who offered support to Catherine in writing the book?
3. Explain the process of Anne Marie's diagnosis of infantile autism.
4. What is the controversy about behavioral modification therapy?
5. What happens when Catherine takes a trip to Paris and Anne Marie is left with a sitter?
6. Explain what happens one night when Anne Marie is sick with a fever and cough.
7. What action does Catherine take after the holding session at the Mothering Center in Connecticut?
8. Explain the claims of the book on autism by Niko and Elizabeth Tinbergen.
9. Explain what happens at the holding session at the Mothering Center in Connecticut.
10. What does the family realize about Anne Marie while she is with them on a trip to Spain?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain autism, using examples from the book of diagnosis, symptoms, treatment, and recovery.
Essay Topic 2
Explain Daniel's role in the recovery of Anne Marie and Michel.
Essay Topic 3
Describe Catherine's emotional and spiritual journey as she worked to recover her children from autism.
This section contains 910 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)