|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the author of the first book on autism Catherine reads that causes her to further examine Dr. Welch's theories?
(a) Bruno Bettelheim.
(b) Bridget Taylor.
(c) Bernard Rimland.
(d) Ivar Lovaas.
2. What is the first thing Catherine thinks people should know about behavioral modification?
(a) A strict schedule must be followed.
(b) Behavior modification is a powerful tool.
(c) The range of recovery depends on the person.
(d) All therapists vary.
3. How does Catherine react to the holding therapy documentary.
(a) She is sickened.
(b) She is encouraged.
(c) She does not see it.
(d) She loves it.
4. What aspect of autism causes Catherine to doubt Dr. Welch?
(a) The mother bonding theory.
(b) The belief that it can't be cured.
(c) The belief that Anne Marie will never recover.
(d) The use of aversives.
5. Why does Catherine choose a different doctor for Michel?
(a) Anne Marie's doctor retired.
(b) She wants someone who doesn't know the family's history.
(c) She can't afford to take him to Anne Marie's doctor.
(d) Anne Marie's doctor is out of town.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Catherine's family get another in-home visit?
2. How does Bridget teach each lesson to Anne Marie?
3. What does Catherine succeed in doing with Michel?
4. Who is NOT brought on as a therapist for Catherine's children?
5. Who makes another in-home visit to Catherine's family?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)