|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Catherine doubt about behavioral therapy as she makes the lists?
(a) That she should be so involved in the therapy.
(b) That Bridget is the best counselor for her daughter.
(c) That candy can increase positive behaviors.
(d) That making lists is beneficial in therapy.
2. Where is Catherine when she finds strength during the family's overseas trip?
(a) The Eiffel Tower.
(b) Notre Dame Cathedral.
(c) The Louvre.
(d) The Arc D'Triomph.
3. How does Catherine react to being comforted about Anne Marie's illness?
(a) She breaks down in tears.
(b) She pulls away.
(c) She allows herself to be comforted.
(d) She claims she's fine.
4. Who gives Catherine strength during the family's overseas trip?
(d) Anne Marie.
5. For what is Ivar Lovaas thanked in the acknowledgments section?
(a) His promotion of her book.
(b) His work with autistic children.
(c) His work with holding therapy.
(d) His work with speech therapy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Kelly?
2. What is one symptom of Anne Marie's autism that affects her communication?
3. What do Catherine and Marc note about their child at the beginning of Chapter 1?
4. From whom does Catherine get another diagnosis for Anne Marie?
5. According to the foreword, what is Rimland's response to the naysayers of behavior modification therapy?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Chapter 6, what are three things the family learns about autism by reading about it?
2. What does Bernard Rimland promote as treatment for autism?
3. Explain the three variations of the psychodynamic camp, according to Catherine.
4. Explain the Maurice family's trip to France in Chapter 9.
5. What happens when the children are reevaluated in Chapter 34?
6. According to Catherine, why do mothers struggle with diagnoses of autism as well as with behavioral therapy?
7. Explain what happens at Catherine's last two visits to the holding therapy clinic.
8. Why does Catherine come to the conclusion one day that she no longer needs to love Anne Marie?
9. What does the family realize about Anne Marie while she is with them on a trip to Spain?
10. Describe Anne Marie's first session with Bridget.
This section contains 1,057 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)