|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the author of the book?
(a) Anne Marie Maurice.
(b) Bridget Taylor.
(c) Bernard Rimland, Ph.D.
(d) Catherine Maurice.
2. What do Catherine and Marc know about Anne Marie's diagnosis?
(a) There is no cure.
(b) It is something passed down through Marc's family.
(c) It is easily cured.
(d) It is carried by Catherine.
3. What does Catherine believe about Anne Marie's autism?
(a) It is Anne Marie's fault.
(b) It is Marc's fault.
(c) It is her fault.
(d) It will be cured.
4. Who tries to comfort Catherine regarding Anne Marie's illness?
(a) Dr. DeCarlo.
(c) Dr. Baxter.
5. What percentage of children have been helped by the therapy Rimland advocates?
(a) Over seventy-five percent.
(b) Over fifty percent.
(c) Over thirty percent.
(d) Over forty percent.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the foreword, what has been proven helpful for autistic children?
2. What is the diagnosis of Anne Marie by the neurologist?
3. What diagnosis description does Catherine find in a book that seems to fit Anne Marie's behavior?
4. What is the name of the neurologist Catherine takes Anne Marie to see?
5. Who is the author's husband?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how Bridget presents lessons to Anne Marie.
2. Describe Bernard Rimland's credentials, and his work in the field of behavior modification.
3. Why do some people show dislike for behavioral therapy?
4. Explain the claims of the book on autism by Niko and Elizabeth Tinbergen.
5. What is the significance of Clara Park's book "The Siege?"
6. Explain what happens at the holding session at the Mothering Center in Connecticut.
7. Explain how holding therapy goes for Catherine in Chapter 12 and how it affects her feelings toward behavioral therapy.
8. Describe Anne Marie's first session with Bridget.
9. Explain Anne Marie's behavioral therapy program.
10. According to the acknowledgments section, who offered support to Catherine in writing the book?
This section contains 1,003 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)