|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Catherine find solace as she seeks for a way to help her daughter?
(d) Volunteer work.
2. What diagnosis description does Catherine find in a book that seems to fit Anne Marie's behavior?
(b) Infantile autism.
(c) Ear infection.
3. What is Bridget's relationship with the Maurice family?
(a) Michel's teacher.
(b) A physician who worked with the family.
(c) Anne Marie's teacher.
(d) A therapist who worked with the family.
4. Who is visited during the family's overseas trip?
(a) Catherine's parents.
(b) Catherine's college roommate.
(c) Marc's childhood friend.
(d) Marc's parents.
5. What does the Maurice family begin to read about in Chapter 6?
(a) Infant allergies.
(b) Metabolic disorders.
Short Answer Questions
1. Rimland promotes all forms of therapy for _______.
2. What is Mary Beth's relationship with the Maurice family?
3. Who tries to comfort Catherine regarding Anne Marie's illness?
4. What does Catherine doubt about behavioral therapy as she makes the lists?
5. What does the family notice about Anne Marie in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Catherine and Marc each respond to Michel's diagnosis of autism?
2. According to the acknowledgments section, who offered support to Catherine in writing the book?
3. According to Chapter 17, why do Anne Marie's negative behaviors increase and how are they handled by Catherine?
4. What improvements does Catherine see in Anne Marie, according to Chapter 13?
5. What is the purpose of the acknowledgments section?
6. Why does Catherine come to the conclusion one day that she no longer needs to love Anne Marie?
7. Explain what happens at Catherine's last two visits to the holding therapy clinic.
8. What are the results of Anne Marie's language reevaluation in Chapter 25?
9. Why does Bernard Rimland write the foreword?
10. What does the family realize about Anne Marie while she is with them on a trip to Spain?
This section contains 875 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)