|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Catherine doubt about behavioral therapy as she makes the lists?
(a) That candy can increase positive behaviors.
(b) That she should be so involved in the therapy.
(c) That Bridget is the best counselor for her daughter.
(d) That making lists is beneficial in therapy.
2. Where does the family travel in Chapter 9?
3. What are Catherine and Marc doing to the child introduced at the beginning of Chapter 1?
(a) Giving the child a bath.
(b) Feeding the child.
(c) Sitting with the child at the hospital.
(d) Looking at the child.
4. For what is Ivar Lovaas thanked in the acknowledgments section?
(a) His work with holding therapy.
(b) His work with speech therapy.
(c) His work with autistic children.
(d) His promotion of her book.
5. What is the recommended treatment for Anne Marie at the beginning of Chapter 3?
(b) A vaccine.
(c) Immediate therapy.
(d) A vitamin supplement.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Chapter 8, what is one way behaviors are achieved in behavioral therapy?
2. What is the name of the book Catherine turns to for answers about Anne Marie?
3. Who is the author's husband?
4. What is the purpose of the foreword?
5. Who wrote the foreword?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the relationship between Dr. Welch and Catherine after the documentary.
2. What is behavior modification?
3. Explain how Michel was diagnosed with autism.
4. According to Chapter 6, what are three things the family learns about autism by reading about it?
5. Why does Catherine thank Ivar Lovaas in her acknowledgments section?
6. Describe Anne Marie's first session with Bridget.
7. Explain the afterword.
8. Explain the relationship between Anne Marie and Daniel.
9. Explain the Maurice family's trip to France in Chapter 9.
10. What does Bernard Rimland promote as treatment for autism?
This section contains 1,008 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)