|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Michel's diagnosis?
(a) Multiple sclerosis.
(c) Infantile autism.
(d) Down's Syndrome.
2. Why does Catherine choose a different doctor for Michel?
(a) She wants someone who doesn't know the family's history.
(b) She can't afford to take him to Anne Marie's doctor.
(c) Anne Marie's doctor is out of town.
(d) Anne Marie's doctor retired.
3. According to Catherine, how many things about behavioral modification should people know?
4. Who reevaluates Anne Marie after she has made much progress?
(a) Dr. Cohen.
(b) Dr. DeCarlo.
(c) Dr. Baxter.
(d) Dr. Lovaas.
5. Who is NOT brought on as a therapist for Catherine's children?
(a) Mary Beth.
(d) Anne Marie.
6. Where is the Mothering Center Dr. Welch invites Catherine to?
(a) South Carolina.
(b) New York.
7. What does Catherine succeed in doing with Michel?
(a) Getting Michel to walk.
(b) Getting Michel to say "Mama."
(c) Getting Michel to ask for trains.
(d) Getting Michel to feed himself.
8. What aspect of autism causes Catherine to doubt Dr. Welch?
(a) The mother bonding theory.
(b) The belief that Anne Marie will never recover.
(c) The belief that it can't be cured.
(d) The use of aversives.
9. What does Catherine admit about autism after Michel's diagnosis?
(a) She does not believe it is a real diagnosis.
(b) She believes it is a form of anxiety disorder.
(c) She does not know how it works.
(d) She believes it is over-diagnosed.
10. When are additional therapists brought on?
11. According to Catherine, why do some people show an aversion to behavioral therapy?
(a) They have not used it properly.
(b) It was unsuccessful for them.
(c) They do not understand it.
(d) They do not believe autism exists.
12. What therapy makes Catherine feel guilty?
(a) Holding therapy.
(b) Speech therapy.
(c) Art therapy.
(d) Animal therapy.
13. What is the cause for how the first month of therapy goes with Michel?
(a) Catherine is resistant.
(b) Bridget is persistent.
(c) Michel is resistant.
(d) There are scheduling conflicts.
14. What is the name of the young woman Dr. Welch claims is "cured" of autism?
15. What causes Michel to cry on a trip one day?
(a) Being unable to see Bridget.
(b) A dog barks at him, scaring him.
(c) Being unable to see Daniel.
(d) Thinking he will never be able to go home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Bridget give for some of Anne Marie's other behaviors increasing?
2. How does Catherine take action after the documentary?
3. How does Catherine's opinion of Bridget change as she watches her work with Anne Marie?
4. Why does Catherine see Daniel as a perfect therapist for Anne Marie?
5. How do all tasks begin, according to behavioral therapy?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)