|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Catherine, how many things about behavioral modification should people know?
2. How does the first month of therapy go with Michel?
(a) Very well.
(d) Not well.
3. Who reevaluates Anne Marie's language?
4. How is Michel treated?
(a) With holding therapy.
(b) With art therapy.
(c) With light therapy.
(d) With behavioral therapy.
5. What reason does Bridget give for some of Anne Marie's other behaviors increasing?
(a) The behaviors are ingrained in her mind like habits.
(b) Anne Marie is at a developmental crossroads.
(c) Anne Marie falls back into those behaviors when she is scared.
(d) Responding to them gives Anne Marie attention.
6. What does Catherine admit about autism after Michel's diagnosis?
(a) She does not believe it is a real diagnosis.
(b) She believes it is over-diagnosed.
(c) She does not know how it works.
(d) She believes it is a form of anxiety disorder.
7. What is the final step of all tasks, according to behavioral therapy?
8. What toy is Anne Marie eager for Catherine to assemble?
(a) A doll house.
(b) A tricycle.
(c) An indoor tent.
(d) A swing set.
9. What is the name of the young woman Dr. Welch claims is "cured" of autism?
10. Who does an in-home visit to the family in the fall?
(a) Dr. DeCarlo.
(b) The Mothering Center.
(c) The Lovaas clinic.
(d) Dr. Welch.
11. How does Catherine know Michel will recover?
(a) She hears him babble and laugh.
(b) She doesn't know, but believes it.
(c) She is told he will recover by her minister.
(d) She has a dream that he is recovered.
12. Who makes another in-home visit to Catherine's family?
(a) The Mothering Center.
(b) The Lovaas clinic.
(c) Dr. Welch.
(d) Dr. DeCarlo.
13. How does Catherine take action after the documentary?
(a) She creates her own documentary.
(b) She sues the BBC.
(c) She lodges a formal complaint.
(d) She sues Dr. Welch.
14. How does Bridget teach each lesson to Anne Marie?
(a) By repeating the same lesson for one week.
(b) By allowing Anne Marie creative freedom to color and draw during the lessons.
(c) By giving Anne Marie visual stimulation while she teaches her.
(d) By breaking it into small parts.
15. Who is Catherine corresponding with in that becomes her mentor?
(a) Dr. Rimland.
(b) Dr. Welch.
(c) Dr. Lovaas.
(d) Dr. DeCarlo.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Anne Marie begin to mimic?
2. How does Catherine's opinion of Bridget change as she watches her work with Anne Marie?
3. Why does Catherine choose a different doctor for Michel?
4. How do all tasks begin, according to behavioral therapy?
5. According to Catherine, why do some people show an aversion to behavioral therapy?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)