|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Michel's diagnosis?
(b) Down's Syndrome.
(c) Multiple sclerosis.
(d) Infantile autism.
2. Who does Catherine call to complain about the documentary?
(b) Dr. Rimland.
(d) Her mother.
3. When are additional therapists brought on?
4. What does Anne Marie point to and show Catherine that indicates there is improvement?
(a) A swing set.
(b) A puppy.
(c) A fountain.
(d) A baby.
5. According to Catherine, why do some people show an aversion to behavioral therapy?
(a) They do not understand it.
(b) It was unsuccessful for them.
(c) They have not used it properly.
(d) They do not believe autism exists.
6. What therapy makes Catherine feel guilty?
(a) Speech therapy.
(b) Animal therapy.
(c) Holding therapy.
(d) Art therapy.
7. What is the final step of all tasks, according to behavioral therapy?
8. What extended family member causes Anne Marie's face to light up?
(a) Uncle Trevor.
(b) Aunt Nikki.
9. What does Catherine begin to sense about Michel?
(a) That he doesn't understand what's going on around him.
(b) That he is autistic.
(c) That he is deaf.
(d) That he is a genius.
10. Who reevaluates Anne Marie after she has made much progress?
(a) Dr. DeCarlo.
(b) Dr. Lovaas.
(c) Dr. Cohen.
(d) Dr. Baxter.
11. What causes Michel to cry on a trip one day?
(a) Thinking he will never be able to go home.
(b) Being unable to see Bridget.
(c) A dog barks at him, scaring him.
(d) Being unable to see Daniel.
12. What does Catherine note about Anne Marie's language that shows she is doing well?
(a) She speaks in complex sentences.
(b) She is declining in her verbal expression.
(c) She initiates conversations.
(d) She struggles with people's names.
13. What does Catherine admit about autism after Michel's diagnosis?
(a) She believes it is a form of anxiety disorder.
(b) She does not believe it is a real diagnosis.
(c) She does not know how it works.
(d) She believes it is over-diagnosed.
14. What visitors are at the holding session at the Mothering Center?
(a) An investment group.
(b) A group of potential clients.
(c) A BBC crew.
(d) A PBS crew.
15. Where is the Mothering Center Dr. Welch invites Catherine to?
(c) New York.
(d) South Carolina.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Catherine corresponding with in that becomes her mentor?
2. How do all tasks begin, according to behavioral therapy?
3. How does Anne Marie test at her reevaluation?
4. What aspect of autism causes Catherine to doubt Dr. Welch?
5. Who reevaluates Anne Marie's language?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)