|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Catherine take action after the documentary?
(a) She lodges a formal complaint.
(b) She sues Dr. Welch.
(c) She sues the BBC.
(d) She creates her own documentary.
2. Who makes another in-home visit to Catherine's family?
(a) Dr. Welch.
(b) The Lovaas clinic.
(c) The Mothering Center.
(d) Dr. DeCarlo.
3. What is the name of the young woman Dr. Welch claims is "cured" of autism?
4. What behaviors does Catherine attempt to stop?
(a) Toe walking.
(c) Teeth grinding.
5. What is the second step of all tasks, according to behavioral therapy?
6. Who asks to keep a copy of the letter Catherine writes?
(a) Dr. Welch.
(b) Anne Marie.
(c) Dr. Rimland.
(d) Dr. Cohen.
7. What convinces Catherine that Anne Marie's therapy is working?
(a) She smiles at Bridget.
(b) She dresses herself.
(c) She hugs Daniel.
(d) She says "Mama."
8. What does Catherine do when she is threatened with lawsuits?
(a) Leaves Dr. Welch alone.
(b) Stops creating her own documentary.
(c) Withdraws her formal complaint.
(d) Leaves the BBC alone.
9. What does Catherine find herself defending to everyone as therapy progresses?
(a) Art therapy.
(b) Holding therapy.
(c) Animal therapy.
(d) Speech therapy.
10. Why does Catherine choose a different doctor for Michel?
(a) She can't afford to take him to Anne Marie's doctor.
(b) She wants someone who doesn't know the family's history.
(c) Anne Marie's doctor is out of town.
(d) Anne Marie's doctor retired.
11. What part of holding therapy does Catherine refuse?
(a) Forcibly holding Anne Marie to the floor.
(b) Ignoring cries for attention.
(c) Yelling at Anne Marie.
(d) Physical punishments for negative behaviors.
12. What does Anne Marie point to and show Catherine that indicates there is improvement?
(a) A baby.
(b) A puppy.
(c) A swing set.
(d) A fountain.
13. How does Catherine's opinion of Bridget change as she watches her work with Anne Marie?
(a) She considers her part of the family.
(b) She gains respect for her.
(c) She loses respect for her.
(d) Her opinion does not change.
14. What does Catherine begin to sense about Michel?
(a) That he doesn't understand what's going on around him.
(b) That he is a genius.
(c) That he is deaf.
(d) That he is autistic.
15. Who is the author of the first book on autism Catherine reads that causes her to further examine Dr. Welch's theories?
(a) Ivar Lovaas.
(b) Bruno Bettelheim.
(c) Bernard Rimland.
(d) Bridget Taylor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What extended family member causes Anne Marie's face to light up?
2. What recommendation does Bridget give in order to deal with Anne Marie's negative and repetitive behaviors?
3. Who reevaluates Anne Marie's language?
4. What is the final step of all tasks, according to behavioral therapy?
5. What visitors are at the holding session at the Mothering Center?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)