|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Bridget's relationship with the Maurice family?
(a) Anne Marie's teacher.
(b) A therapist who worked with the family.
(c) A physician who worked with the family.
(d) Michel's teacher.
2. What is the name of the child introduced at the beginning of Chapter 1?
(a) Anne Marie.
3. Who is Kelly?
(a) A cousin.
(b) A sitter.
(c) A therapist.
(d) A teacher.
4. What does Catherine believe about Anne Marie's autism?
(a) It is Anne Marie's fault.
(b) It is Marc's fault.
(c) It will be cured.
(d) It is her fault.
5. What is one common behavior in autistic children that Anne Marie begins to do in Chapter 5?
(a) Repetitive behaviors.
(b) Toe walking.
(c) Lack of eye contact.
(d) Lack of communication.
6. What do Catherine and Marc know about Anne Marie's diagnosis?
(a) It is easily cured.
(b) It is something passed down through Marc's family.
(c) There is no cure.
(d) It is carried by Catherine.
7. What is the biggest concern of the egocentric doctor Catherine meets with?
(d) A cure.
8. What therapy does Catherine discover in Chapter 11 that she believes is the key to Anne Marie's recovery?
(a) Animal therapy.
(b) Speech therapy.
(c) Art therapy.
(d) Holding therapy.
9. Who wrote the acknowledgment section?
(a) Catherine Maurice.
(b) Bernard Rimland.
(c) Michel Maurice.
(d) Ivar Lovaas.
10. How does Anne Marie react to human contact?
(a) She craves it.
(b) She reacts violently.
(c) She ignores it.
(d) She acts as though touching her is painful.
11. Aside from the counselor, who is involved in Dr. Lovaas's therapy program?
(a) Everyone in the child's life.
(b) The child's family and teacher.
(c) The child's family and friends.
(d) The child's family.
12. Who is the first therapist hired by Catherine?
13. What does the foreword say needs to be tried for autistic children?
(a) Holding therapy.
(b) Behavioral therapy.
(c) Various forms of therapy.
(d) Speech therapy.
14. What is Robin's role with the family?
(a) Elementary school teacher.
(b) Holding therapy specialist.
(c) Social worker.
(d) Speech therapist.
15. Where does the family travel in Chapter 9?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the purpose of an acknowledgment section?
2. What are Catherine and Marc doing to the child introduced at the beginning of Chapter 1?
3. What is one clue to Catherine about Anne Marie in Chapter 1?
4. According to the foreword, how do many view behavior modification therapy?
5. Whose work in the field is explained in the foreword?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)