|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18 - Chapter Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the Mothering Center Dr. Welch invites Catherine to?
(b) New York.
(d) South Carolina.
2. How does Anne Marie react to human contact?
(a) She reacts violently.
(b) She ignores it.
(c) She acts as though touching her is painful.
(d) She craves it.
3. What is the purpose of an acknowledgment section?
(a) To introduce the book.
(b) To show appreciation to those who helped the author.
(c) To explain how the book was written.
(d) To give an outline of the contents of the book.
4. What toy is Anne Marie eager for Catherine to assemble?
(a) A doll house.
(b) A swing set.
(c) A tricycle.
(d) An indoor tent.
5. The foreword is a heartfelt supportive argument for the use of what?
(a) Speech therapy.
(b) Psychoanalytic counseling.
(c) Behavior modification.
(d) Holding therapy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the setting of Dr. Lovaas's therapy program?
2. Who is the author of the first book on autism Catherine reads that causes her to further examine Dr. Welch's theories?
3. Who does Catherine call to complain about the documentary?
4. What part of holding therapy does Catherine refuse?
5. What do Marc and Catherine notice about Anne Marie as they look at photographs together?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)