|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18 - Chapter Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rimland promotes all forms of therapy for _______.
(a) Autistic children.
(b) Deaf children.
(c) Prematurely-born children.
(d) Developmentally disabled children.
2. Who is the author of the book?
(a) Bridget Taylor.
(b) Catherine Maurice.
(c) Bernard Rimland, Ph.D.
(d) Anne Marie Maurice.
3. According to Catherine, why do some people show an aversion to behavioral therapy?
(a) They do not believe autism exists.
(b) They have not used it properly.
(c) It was unsuccessful for them.
(d) They do not understand it.
4. What does Catherine find herself defending to everyone as therapy progresses?
(a) Art therapy.
(b) Holding therapy.
(c) Animal therapy.
(d) Speech therapy.
5. What is one common behavior in autistic children that Anne Marie begins to do in Chapter 5?
(a) Repetitive behaviors.
(b) Lack of eye contact.
(c) Lack of communication.
(d) Toe walking.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Marc and Catherine notice about Anne Marie as they look at photographs together?
2. What is one behavior Anne Marie begins to do in Chapter 5?
3. What is the name of the neurologist Catherine takes Anne Marie to see?
4. What is the name of the book Catherine turns to for answers about Anne Marie?
5. What is the name of the young woman Dr. Welch claims is "cured" of autism?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)