|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 - Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one symptom of Anne Marie's autism that affects her communication?
(b) A stutter.
(c) Lack of verbal communication.
2. What egocentric doctor does Catherine meet with in Chapter 6?
(a) Dr. Welch.
(b) Dr. Doubrovsky.
(c) Dr. Lovaas.
(d) Dr. Cohen.
3. How does Catherine initially react to Anne Marie's struggles in Chapter 2?
(a) She blames her husband.
(b) She worries that Anne Marie is being abused.
(c) She doubts her own skills as a mother.
(d) She blames her own mother.
4. What percentage of children have been helped by the therapy Rimland advocates?
(a) Over thirty percent.
(b) Over seventy-five percent.
(c) Over forty percent.
(d) Over fifty percent.
5. For what is Ivar Lovaas thanked in the acknowledgments section?
(a) His work with autistic children.
(b) His promotion of her book.
(c) His work with speech therapy.
(d) His work with holding therapy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Catherine doubt about behavioral therapy as she makes the lists?
2. What is the reason for the family's overseas trip?
3. According to the acknowledgments section, who in the Maurice family needed therapists?
4. What therapy does Catherine discover in Chapter 11 that she believes is the key to Anne Marie's recovery?
5. What is the recommended treatment for Anne Marie at the beginning of Chapter 3?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)