|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6 - Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what is Ivar Lovaas thanked in the acknowledgments section?
(a) His work with holding therapy.
(b) His work with speech therapy.
(c) His promotion of her book.
(d) His work with autistic children.
2. What is the purpose of an acknowledgment section?
(a) To introduce the book.
(b) To show appreciation to those who helped the author.
(c) To explain how the book was written.
(d) To give an outline of the contents of the book.
3. What advice does Catherine's doctor give to her about autism?
(a) Read The Merck Manual.
(b) Learn from experiencing it with Anne Marie.
(c) Watch St. Elsewhere.
(d) Go to a support group.
4. What does Catherine notice about Anne Marie's social behavior that concerns her?
(a) She is afraid of the things and people around her.
(b) She is constantly questioning the things and people around her.
(c) She knows a lot already about the things and people around her.
(d) She is uninterested in things and people around her.
5. Where is Catherine when she finds strength during the family's overseas trip?
(a) The Eiffel Tower.
(b) Notre Dame Cathedral.
(c) The Louvre.
(d) The Arc D'Triomph.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the biggest concern of the egocentric doctor Catherine meets with?
2. What is one clue to Catherine about Anne Marie in Chapter 1?
3. What is one reason Rimland praises Catherine?
4. From whom does Catherine get another diagnosis for Anne Marie?
5. For what is Bernard Rimland thanked in the acknowledgments section?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)