|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1 - Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Catherine's doctor tell her about autism?
(a) Catherine carries antibodies.
(b) There will be a cure eventually.
(c) There is a cure, but it is expensive.
(d) Nothing can be done.
2. What is Bridget's relationship with the Maurice family?
(a) A therapist who worked with the family.
(b) Michel's teacher.
(c) A physician who worked with the family.
(d) Anne Marie's teacher.
3. What is the purpose of an acknowledgment section?
(a) To show appreciation to those who helped the author.
(b) To explain how the book was written.
(c) To give an outline of the contents of the book.
(d) To introduce the book.
4. What is one symptom of Anne Marie's autism that affects her communication?
(a) Lack of verbal communication.
(c) A stutter.
5. Who wrote the acknowledgment section?
(a) Catherine Maurice.
(b) Bernard Rimland.
(c) Michel Maurice.
(d) Ivar Lovaas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one behavior Anne Marie begins to do in Chapter 5?
2. What does the foreword say needs to be tried for autistic children?
3. What is one clue to Catherine about Anne Marie in Chapter 1?
4. According to the foreword, what is Rimland's response to the naysayers of behavior modification therapy?
5. The foreword is a heartfelt supportive argument for the use of what?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)