|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12 through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Catherine's doctor tell her about autism?
(a) There is a cure, but it is expensive.
(b) Nothing can be done.
(c) There will be a cure eventually.
(d) Catherine carries antibodies.
2. What therapy does Catherine discover in Chapter 11 that she believes is the key to Anne Marie's recovery?
(a) Art therapy.
(b) Speech therapy.
(c) Holding therapy.
(d) Animal therapy.
3. What is the name of the neurologist Catherine takes Anne Marie to see?
(a) Dr. DeCarlo.
(b) Dr. Baxter.
(c) Dr. Cohen.
(d) Dr. Welch.
4. Who is visited during the family's overseas trip?
(a) Catherine's college roommate.
(b) Marc's childhood friend.
(c) Catherine's parents.
(d) Marc's parents.
5. What is the setting of Dr. Lovaas's therapy program?
(a) One-on-one therapy.
(b) Musical therapy.
(c) Group therapy.
(d) Art therapy.
Short Answer Questions
1. The foreword is a heartfelt supportive argument for the use of what?
2. Where does the family travel in Chapter 9?
3. What do Catherine and Marc know about Anne Marie's diagnosis?
4. Where is the Mothering Center Dr. Welch invites Catherine to?
5. According to the acknowledgment section, what did the author get help with?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)