Forward and Acknowledgments
• The foreward is written by Bernard Rimland, Ph.D.
• It is a heartfelt, supportive argument for the use of behavioral modification.
• Rimland, who was a mentor to Catherine Maurice
• He praises her for her work with her children, and for her insights.
• Rimland promotes all forms of therapy for autistic children.
• He notes that it's important to try various forms to seek improvement.
• Rimland takes the time to explain behavior modification.
• He summarizes his work in the field of behavior modification.
• Rimland points out that early behavioral modification has been shown to help over fifty percent of autistic children.
• He concludes by explaining that many still see his therapy as cruel, but that those individuals do not understand modern techniques.
• In the acknowledgment section, Catherine thanks many people who helped her succeed in helping her children recover from autism.
• She thanks her husband, Marc, for...
This section contains 4,479 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)