|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clay notice about his father when he meets him for drinks at Trumps?
2. According to Clay, what way does his grandmother say she would prefer to die?
3. Which of Clay's classes was held in the bungalow at his old elementary school?
4. Where did Clay's grandmother die?
5. Why does Clay stop at the Polo Lounge for a drink before arriving at Blair's house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How has Clay's time away from Los Angeles alienated him from his friends? What changes does Clay' s friends seem to notice about him since his return home? What changes does Clay seem to notice about himself since his return home? How does Clay view these changes as he leaves Los Angeles? Please use specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
How does Clay express his compassion? Provide at least three examples. Does he only express his compassion during certain times? Please use specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
What does Blair mean when she says, "People are afraid to merge onto the freeway in Los Angeles" to Clay? What is the significance of this statement? Why does Clay focus on this statement so intensely? Please use specific examples from the book.
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)