Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Clay's flashback, why does Clay's grandfather not attend the party?
2. At After Hours, what is on the placemat surrounding the words?
3. After leaving the hotel, where do Julian and Clay meet Finn to get Clay's money?
4. What do Clay and his friends do after they take Dimitri to the emergency room?
5. What flashback does Clay have of Julian while they are in the hotel?
Essay Topic 1
Why does the author choose to tell the story through the point of view of the protagonist? Why does he not tell the story through the point of view of a narrator, who sees all? How would this story change if was told through third person? Please use specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
How does Clay change over the course of the novel? What differences are noticeable at the of the novel? How does Clay show these differences? Why do you think Clay has changed? Please use specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Why does Clay have breakdowns throughout the novel? What assistance, if any, does his psychiatrist provide? Please use specific examples from the book.
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)