|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clay notice about his father when he meets him for drinks at Trumps?
2. Where does Julian tell Clay that they have to go to get the money?
3. Who says, "Hey don't look at me like I'm some sort of scumbag or something. I'm not"?
4. What is the location of Ross's discovery in Part 10?
5. What reason does Clay's father give for wanting to die the way he suggests?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Clay change over the course of the novel? What differences are noticeable at the of the novel? How does Clay show these differences? Why do you think Clay has changed? Please use specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
How is Clay's relationship with his sisters? Why does the author leave Clay's sisters nameless throughout the novel? What does their show about Clay's relationship with his sisters? Please use specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Why are Clay and his friends fascinated with the dead boy the see in the alley? Why do the boys decide to stand around the body while they talk and smoke? Why do none of the characters inform the police about the dead boy's body? Please use specific examples from the book.
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)