|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Clay's classes was held in the bungalow at his old elementary school?
2. What does Finn do when Julian begs and pleads to be released from his job?
3. Who does Daniel want to talk about with Clay in Part 8?
4. What do Blair and Clay do after they attend the concert?
5. According to Clay, what way does his father say would be the best way to die?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Clay change over the course of the novel? What differences are noticeable at the of the novel? How does Clay show these differences? Why do you think Clay has changed? Please use specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Why does the author include the scene in which Rip shows his friends the girl tied up in his apartment? How does the author use Clay and Spin to juxtapose each other in this scene? Please use specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Why does Clay have breakdowns throughout the novel? What assistance, if any, does his psychiatrist provide? Please use specific examples from the book.
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)