|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Daniel doing when Clay goes to visit him in Part 8?
2. Where does Julian tell Clay that they have to go to get the money?
3. Who says, "Her name is Shandra and she goes to Corvalis"?
4. Who does Daniel want to talk about with Clay in Part 8?
5. How does Finn refer to Julian when he enters his office?
Essay Topic 1
Clay's relationship with Julian seems to be the most important throughout the novel. How does the author relay the importance of their relationship throughout the novel? Why does Julian's relationship with Clay seem significant even though Julian is absent for much of the novel? Why is it necessary to take into consideration that the significance of Clay and Julian's relationship is told from Clay's point of view? Please use specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Does the author use Julian to symbolize the degradation in the characters' drug-obsessed lifestyles? Why or why not? Please use specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Why are all of the characters in the novel, Less Than Zero, in some stage of desperation? Why and how do they choose to numb the intensity of any possible alienation or pain? Please use specific examples from the book.
This section contains 1,061 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)