|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Clay and his friends do after they take Dimitri to the emergency room?
2. What flashback does Clay have of Julian while they are in the hotel?
3. What response does Clay give to the psychiatrist when the psychiatrist asks Clay what he feels are his issues?
4. Who does the maid let in to Clay's room while he is almost asleep?
5. What information does Clay share with Trent at Spago when Trent leaves the room for a short period of time?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Clay agree to go along with Julian to his appointment? Why does Clay excuse himself during Julian's appointment? What does Clay have to do in order to stay at the hotel with Julian? Please use specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Why does Clay have breakdowns throughout the novel? What assistance, if any, does his psychiatrist provide? Please use specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Why do the characters in the novel, Less Than Zero, not associate with real life? Why do they choose to not interact with each other when they are together? Why do they seem to have little to say to each other? Please use specific examples from the book.
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)