|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Blair do when she arrives at her house with Clay after leaving the ice cream parlor?
2. Who does Clay end up leaving the club, After Hours, with?
3. What does Finn do when Julian begs and pleads to be released from his job?
4. How does Clay think Evan makes money?
5. What does Clay tell his psychiatrist when he calls?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why are all of the characters in the novel, Less Than Zero, in some stage of desperation? Why and how do they choose to numb the intensity of any possible alienation or pain? Please use specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
How has Clay's time away from Los Angeles alienated him from his friends? What changes does Clay' s friends seem to notice about him since his return home? What changes does Clay seem to notice about himself since his return home? How does Clay view these changes as he leaves Los Angeles? Please use specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Why does Clay agree to go along with Julian to his appointment? Why does Clay excuse himself during Julian's appointment? What does Clay have to do in order to stay at the hotel with Julian? Please use specific examples from the book.
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)