|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Clay's flashback, why does Clay's grandfather not attend the party?
2. At After Hours, what is on the placemat surrounding the words?
3. After leaving the hotel, where do Julian and Clay meet Finn to get Clay's money?
4. What do Clay and his friends do after they take Dimitri to the emergency room?
5. What flashback does Clay have of Julian while they are in the hotel?
Essay Topic 1
Why does the author include the scene in which Rip shows his friends the girl tied up in his apartment? How does the author use Clay and Spin to juxtapose each other in this scene? Please use specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
How does Clay express his compassion? Provide at least three examples. Does he only express his compassion during certain times? Please use specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
"Death" is an important theme in the novel and Clay seems to be obsessed with it. Why is Clay obsessed with death? How does he show his obsession with death? What role does "death" play in the novel? Please use specific examples from the book.
This section contains 1,102 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)