|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is the girl that sits next to Clay at After Hours?
2. What does Finn do when Julian begs and pleads to be released from his job?
3. Who says, "Hey don't look at me like I'm some sort of scumbag or something. I'm not"?
4. Where did Clay's grandmother die?
5. Why does Clay go with Julian on his next job?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does the author choose to tell the story through the point of view of the protagonist? Why does he not tell the story through the point of view of a narrator, who sees all? How would this story change if was told through third person? Please use specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
How has Clay's time away from Los Angeles alienated him from his friends? What changes does Clay' s friends seem to notice about him since his return home? What changes does Clay seem to notice about himself since his return home? How does Clay view these changes as he leaves Los Angeles? Please use specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Why are Clay and his friends fascinated with the dead boy the see in the alley? Why do the boys decide to stand around the body while they talk and smoke? Why do none of the characters inform the police about the dead boy's body? Please use specific examples from the book.
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)