|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What response does Clay give to the psychiatrist when the psychiatrist asks Clay what he feels are his issues?
2. What does Clay do when Mr. Erickson disappears into the bathroom?
3. According to Clay, what way does his father say would be the best way to die?
4. Why do the adults in Palm Springs stop talking about making airline reservations to return home?
5. At After Hours, what is on the placemat surrounding the words?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The characters are all children of privilege with enormous amounts of money to buy almost anything they desire; however, none of them have a sense of connection with their parents. What type of relationship do the characters have with their parents? How do the children interact with their parents? Why is there no connection between the children and their parents? Please use specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Why does Clay agree to go along with Julian to his appointment? Why does Clay excuse himself during Julian's appointment? What does Clay have to do in order to stay at the hotel with Julian? Please use specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Why does are the words "Help Me" written in red crayon and scribbled on a place mat in the club After Hours? Why were 20 numbers scribbled around it? What does this represent? Please use specific examples from the book.
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)