|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Dimitri at the club?
2. How old is the girl that sits next to Clay at After Hours?
3. What is the location of Ross's discovery in Part 10?
4. How long are Julian and Clay in Mr. Erickson's hotel room?
5. What color is the scribble on the placemat at After Hours?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Clay have breakdowns throughout the novel? What assistance, if any, does his psychiatrist provide? Please use specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Why does Clay agree to go along with Julian to his appointment? Why does Clay excuse himself during Julian's appointment? What does Clay have to do in order to stay at the hotel with Julian? Please use specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Why does the author include the scene in which Rip shows his friends the girl tied up in his apartment? How does the author use Clay and Spin to juxtapose each other in this scene? Please use specific examples from the book.
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)