|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Clay and Blair end up at the guest house during Kim's party?
2. According to Clay, what way does his father say would be the best way to die?
3. What does Blair do when she arrives at her house with Clay after leaving the ice cream parlor?
4. What is Finn's profession?
5. The surfer lying in the Finn's living room is watching what on television?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Clay have breakdowns throughout the novel? What assistance, if any, does his psychiatrist provide? Please use specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Does the author use Julian to symbolize the degradation in the characters' drug-obsessed lifestyles? Why or why not? Please use specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Why does Clay agree to go along with Julian to his appointment? Why does Clay excuse himself during Julian's appointment? What does Clay have to do in order to stay at the hotel with Julian? Please use specific examples from the book.
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)