|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Blair do when she arrives at her house with Clay after leaving the ice cream parlor?
2. What is the name of the new club that Clay and his friends visit?
3. What is the location of Ross's discovery in Part 10?
4. What is written on a placemat on the table when Clay returns from the bathroom at After Hours?
5. In Part 8, how does Finn rate Julian's performance from the previous night?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Clay's relationship with Julian seems to be the most important throughout the novel. How does the author relay the importance of their relationship throughout the novel? Why does Julian's relationship with Clay seem significant even though Julian is absent for much of the novel? Why is it necessary to take into consideration that the significance of Clay and Julian's relationship is told from Clay's point of view? Please use specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Why do the characters in the novel, Less Than Zero, not associate with real life? Why do they choose to not interact with each other when they are together? Why do they seem to have little to say to each other? Please use specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Why does the author choose to tell the story through the point of view of the protagonist? Why does he not tell the story through the point of view of a narrator, who sees all? How would this story change if was told through third person? Please use specific examples from the book.
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)