|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the new club that Clay and his friends visit?
2. How old is the girl that sits next to Clay at After Hours?
3. According to Clay, what way does his grandmother say she would prefer to die?
4. After lunch with his father, what does Clay go to Kim's house to pick up?
5. What do the signs around Clay's old elementary school guard against?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does Blair mean when she says, "People are afraid to merge onto the freeway in Los Angeles" to Clay? What is the significance of this statement? Why does Clay focus on this statement so intensely? Please use specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Clay's relationship with Julian seems to be the most important throughout the novel. How does the author relay the importance of their relationship throughout the novel? Why does Julian's relationship with Clay seem significant even though Julian is absent for much of the novel? Why is it necessary to take into consideration that the significance of Clay and Julian's relationship is told from Clay's point of view? Please use specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
How does Clay change over the course of the novel? What differences are noticeable at the of the novel? How does Clay show these differences? Why do you think Clay has changed? Please use specific examples from the book.
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)