Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Clay's flashback, why does Clay's grandfather not attend the party?
2. At After Hours, what is on the placemat surrounding the words?
3. After leaving the hotel, where do Julian and Clay meet Finn to get Clay's money?
4. What do Clay and his friends do after they take Dimitri to the emergency room?
5. What flashback does Clay have of Julian while they are in the hotel?
Essay Topic 1
The characters are all children of privilege with enormous amounts of money to buy almost anything they desire; however, none of them have a sense of connection with their parents. What type of relationship do the characters have with their parents? How do the children interact with their parents? Why is there no connection between the children and their parents? Please use specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Why do the characters in the novel, Less Than Zero, not associate with real life? Why do they choose to not interact with each other when they are together? Why do they seem to have little to say to each other? Please use specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
How has Clay's time away from Los Angeles alienated him from his friends? What changes does Clay' s friends seem to notice about him since his return home? What changes does Clay seem to notice about himself since his return home? How does Clay view these changes as he leaves Los Angeles? Please use specific examples from the book.
This section contains 1,102 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)