|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Clay, what way does his father say would be the best way to die?
2. What happens while Blair is driving Clay home from the ice cream parlor?
3. What happens to Clay while he is in the bathroom at After Hours?
4. What reason does Clay's father give for wanting to die the way he suggests?
5. How long are Julian and Clay in Mr. Erickson's hotel room?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does the author choose to tell the story through the point of view of the protagonist? Why does he not tell the story through the point of view of a narrator, who sees all? How would this story change if was told through third person? Please use specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
"Death" is an important theme in the novel and Clay seems to be obsessed with it. Why is Clay obsessed with death? How does he show his obsession with death? What role does "death" play in the novel? Please use specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Why do the characters in the novel, Less Than Zero, not associate with real life? Why do they choose to not interact with each other when they are together? Why do they seem to have little to say to each other? Please use specific examples from the book.
This section contains 1,124 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)