|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the maid let in to Clay's room while he is almost asleep?
2. According to Clay, what way does his father say would be the best way to die?
3. What is the name of the new club that Clay and his friends visit?
4. What do Ross and his friends do when they stand around Ross' discovery in Part 10?
5. In Part 6, what event does Clay remember going to Palm Springs for?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are Clay's reasons for visiting his psychiatrist during his vacation? What role does Clay's visits to his psychiatrist play in the novel? Why is it necessary for Clay to visit his psychiatrist? Please use specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Clay's relationship with Julian seems to be the most important throughout the novel. How does the author relay the importance of their relationship throughout the novel? Why does Julian's relationship with Clay seem significant even though Julian is absent for much of the novel? Why is it necessary to take into consideration that the significance of Clay and Julian's relationship is told from Clay's point of view? Please use specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Why does the author include the scene in which Rip shows his friends the girl tied up in his apartment? How does the author use Clay and Spin to juxtapose each other in this scene? Please use specific examples from the book.
This section contains 1,066 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)