|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Clay's grandmother die?
2. What do the signs around Clay's old elementary school guard against?
3. How long are Julian and Clay in Mr. Erickson's hotel room?
4. Whose house does Clay, Rip, and Trent go to for a pool party?
5. What happens when Clay and Blair end up at the guest house during Kim's party?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does Blair mean when she says, "People are afraid to merge onto the freeway in Los Angeles" to Clay? What is the significance of this statement? Why does Clay focus on this statement so intensely? Please use specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
How does the title of the novel, Less Than Zero, represent the story in the book? What does the title of the novel say about the characters? Please use specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Why does the author choose to tell the story through the point of view of the protagonist? Why does he not tell the story through the point of view of a narrator, who sees all? How would this story change if was told through third person? Please use specific examples from the book.
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)