|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clay notice about his father when he meets him for drinks at Trumps?
2. Where did Clay's grandmother die?
3. What is written on a placemat on the table when Clay returns from the bathroom at After Hours?
4. What does Mr. Erickson offer Julian and Clay when they first arrive at his room?
5. What happens while Blair is driving Clay home from the ice cream parlor?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why are Clay and his friends fascinated with the dead boy the see in the alley? Why do the boys decide to stand around the body while they talk and smoke? Why do none of the characters inform the police about the dead boy's body? Please use specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
How does Clay express his compassion? Provide at least three examples. Does he only express his compassion during certain times? Please use specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Clay's relationship with Julian seems to be the most important throughout the novel. How does the author relay the importance of their relationship throughout the novel? Why does Julian's relationship with Clay seem significant even though Julian is absent for much of the novel? Why is it necessary to take into consideration that the significance of Clay and Julian's relationship is told from Clay's point of view? Please use specific examples from the book.
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)