|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Trent and Clay decide to go to the movies?
2. What matters most to Clay about having lunch with his father?
3. What reason does Julian give for needing to borrow money from Clay?
4. What type of car is parked in the driveway next to his mother's car when Clay arrives home from Griffin's house?
5. After visiting with Muriel, where does Clay agree to meet Rip?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Clay do before his date with Blair in Part 7? What do they do on their date? What happens when they go to Spago?
2. Describe how Clay spends his time during the day on Christmas Eve.
3. What happens to Clay on Christmas Eve after he finishes spending time with his family? How does he end his evening?
4. Describe Clay's experience with his father at Trumps.
5. What does Clay do to try to get more information about Julian from his friend Evan? What does Evan tell Clay about Julian?
6. What does Clay's psychiatrist tell him during his visit? How does Clay react?
7. What memories of Julian does Clay have while at the hotel and on the way to the club afterward?
8. What information does Clay share with Trent while they are at Spago for appetizers and drinks?
9. What does Clay do over the next few days following Blair's Christmas Party? Who does he visit?
10. Why does Alana visit Clay? What does she reveal to Clay during her visit?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Julian continuously have flashbacks of his life in Palm Springs? Why do these flashbacks seem to always focus on his grandmother and grandfather? Provide at least two reasons for each question and explain your reasons. Please use specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
"Death" is an important theme in the novel and Clay seems to be obsessed with it. Why is Clay obsessed with death? How does he show his obsession with death? What role does "death" play in the novel? Please use specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Why does Clay have breakdowns throughout the novel? What assistance, if any, does his psychiatrist provide? Please use specific examples from the book.
This section contains 1,024 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)