|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Kim, Blair and Clay not hang out at The Palace one night?
2. Where do Blair and Clay end up after Daniel's party?
3. Where does Kim say her mom is while Blair and Clay are visiting?
4. What is wrong with Clay on Christmas morning?
5. What did Clay do the day after he and his sisters were in Palm Springs?
Short Essay Questions
1. What memory of Palm Springs does Clay think about as he is swimming laps in the pool?
2. Describe Clay's experience with his father at Trumps.
3. What is happening at Kim's party when Blair and Clay arrive? What is Muriel doing at the party?
4. What happens to Clay when he arrives at the cafe to meet Rip? Who does he see at the cafe?
5. What happens to Clay when he leaves Spago to go to the club After Hours with Blair and Trent?
6. What flashback does Clay have of his grandmother in Palm Springs when she had pancreatic cancer?
7. What happens when Clay and Julian meet Finn at a night club?
8. What happens to Clay on Christmas Eve after he finishes spending time with his family? How does he end his evening?
9. What type of movie do Kim and Blair want to see? What does Clay do during the movie?
10. Why do Clay, Rip, and Trent go to Dead's house? What do they do after they leave Dead's house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is Clay's relationship with his sisters? Why does the author leave Clay's sisters nameless throughout the novel? What does their show about Clay's relationship with his sisters? Please use specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Clay's relationship with Julian seems to be the most important throughout the novel. How does the author relay the importance of their relationship throughout the novel? Why does Julian's relationship with Clay seem significant even though Julian is absent for much of the novel? Why is it necessary to take into consideration that the significance of Clay and Julian's relationship is told from Clay's point of view? Please use specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
What are Clay's reasons for visiting his psychiatrist during his vacation? What role does Clay's visits to his psychiatrist play in the novel? Why is it necessary for Clay to visit his psychiatrist? Please use specific examples from the book.
This section contains 1,183 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)