|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 5, where does Rip tell Clay they should meet?
2. Why do Kim, Blair and Clay not hang out at The Palace one night?
3. After visiting with Muriel, where does Clay agree to meet Rip?
4. What year is Clay in school?
5. Who says, "But I don't like Bandarasta. He's always calling me 'Halloween' for some reason. I don't like to be called 'Halloween.' I don't like it at all."
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Clay do before his date with Blair in Part 7? What do they do on their date? What happens when they go to Spago?
2. What happens to Clay on Christmas Eve after he finishes spending time with his family? How does he end his evening?
3. Why does Clay call his psychiatrist in Part 8? What does he tell his psychiatrist?
4. What does Clay do to try to get more information about Julian from his friend Evan? What does Evan tell Clay about Julian?
5. What does Clay remember about the time he spent in Palm Springs for his grandfather's birthday?
6. Describe Clay's experience with his father at Trumps.
7. Describe the scene of the party that Clay attends with Trent at the start of Part 2. What happens at the party? Who is at the party?
8. Why does Clay visit Muriel? What happens during his visit with Muriel? What happens after his visit with Muriel?
9. Why does Clay meet up with Julian at the arcade? What news does Julian have for Clay?
10. What does Clay remember about his last Christmas in Palm Springs? How does he spend Christmas while at home from school?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why are Clay and his friends fascinated with the dead boy the see in the alley? Why do the boys decide to stand around the body while they talk and smoke? Why do none of the characters inform the police about the dead boy's body? Please use specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Why does are the words "Help Me" written in red crayon and scribbled on a place mat in the club After Hours? Why were 20 numbers scribbled around it? What does this represent? Please use specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
What are Clay's reasons for visiting his psychiatrist during his vacation? What role does Clay's visits to his psychiatrist play in the novel? Why is it necessary for Clay to visit his psychiatrist? Please use specific examples from the book.
This section contains 1,141 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)