|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What suggestion does Trent make to Clay at Blair's party?
2. What is Clay's father's profession?
3. What did Clay do the day after he and his sisters were in Palm Springs?
4. Who does Clay eat dinner with on Christmas Eve night?
5. Why does Clay go home with Griffin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Clay and Rip encounter while on Mulholland Drive? What does it remind them of?
2. Why does Finn refuse to release Julian from working for him? What does Finn do when Julian begs and pleads for release?
3. What does Clay remember about the time he spent in Palm Springs for his grandfather's birthday?
4. Why does Clay call his psychiatrist in Part 8? What does he tell his psychiatrist?
5. What surprise does Rip have awaiting Trent and Clay in his apartment? What is wrong with his surprise?
6. What memories of Julian does Clay have while at the hotel and on the way to the club afterward?
7. How was the house when Clay arrived home? Who was home to greet him?
8. What is happening at Clay's mother's house when he eventually arrives home from the party he attended with Trent?
9. Why does Rip contact Clay? What happens when Clay shows up to meet Rip?
10. In Part 8, what is Daniel doing when Clay goes to visit him? What does Daniel want to talk about with Clay?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Clay agree to go along with Julian to his appointment? Why does Clay excuse himself during Julian's appointment? What does Clay have to do in order to stay at the hotel with Julian? Please use specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
How does Clay express his compassion? Provide at least three examples. Does he only express his compassion during certain times? Please use specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
How is Clay's relationship with his sisters? Why does the author leave Clay's sisters nameless throughout the novel? What does their show about Clay's relationship with his sisters? Please use specific examples from the book.
This section contains 1,972 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)