|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After seeing his sisters, what does Clay do the morning after Christmas?
2. What is Clay's father's profession?
3. What time does Clay wake up and leave Griffin's house?
4. In part 5, why does Trent call Clay?
5. What time does Clay get off of the phone with Blair in Part 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Finn? Why is Julian upset with Finn? What does Finn want Julian to do?
2. What information does Clay share with Trent while they are at Spago for appetizers and drinks?
3. Describe Clay's lunch with his father.
4. What discovery does Ross make in the alley? How do Rip and Clay react to the discovery?
5. Why does Clay not agree with Spin's behavior at Rip's house? What is the argument between Clay and Rip?
6. What do Clay and Blair discuss while at lunch? What does Blair do a few days after she has lunch with Clay?
7. Describe the scene at Julian's house on King's Road when Clay arrives.
8. After meeting with Julian, how does Clay spend the remainder of his day?
9. What is happening at Clay's mother's house when he eventually arrives home from the party he attended with Trent?
10. Why does Clay meet up with Julian at the arcade? What news does Julian have for Clay?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does the author choose to tell the story through the point of view of the protagonist? Why does he not tell the story through the point of view of a narrator, who sees all? How would this story change if was told through third person? Please use specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
How is Clay's relationship with his sisters? Why does the author leave Clay's sisters nameless throughout the novel? What does their show about Clay's relationship with his sisters? Please use specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Why are Clay and his friends fascinated with the dead boy the see in the alley? Why do the boys decide to stand around the body while they talk and smoke? Why do none of the characters inform the police about the dead boy's body? Please use specific examples from the book.
This section contains 1,218 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)