|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time does Clay wake up and leave Griffin's house?
2. What type of movie do Blair and Kim want to see?
3. Where does Clay have lunch with his father?
4. Who does Clay see at Julian's pool?
5. On Christmas Eve, Daniel calls Clay to tell him what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Clay and Julian meet Finn at a night club?
2. Why does Trent call Clay? What do Trent and Clay end up doing after they meet up with each other?
3. What information does Clay share with Trent while they are at Spago for appetizers and drinks?
4. Describe Blair's Christmas party.
5. What does Clay do once he is settled in at home?
6. Why does Clay call his psychiatrist in Part 8? What does he tell his psychiatrist?
7. What happens to Clay when he leaves Spago to go to the club After Hours with Blair and Trent?
8. Why does Clay visit his old elementary school? How has the school changed since his last visit there?
9. Why does Clay go to the Roxy? Why is Rip upset while at the club?
10. What does Clay remember about his last Christmas in Palm Springs? How does he spend Christmas while at home from school?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is Clay's relationship with his sisters? Why does the author leave Clay's sisters nameless throughout the novel? What does their show about Clay's relationship with his sisters? Please use specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Why are all of the characters in the novel, Less Than Zero, in some stage of desperation? Why and how do they choose to numb the intensity of any possible alienation or pain? Please use specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Why do the characters in the novel, Less Than Zero, not associate with real life? Why do they choose to not interact with each other when they are together? Why do they seem to have little to say to each other? Please use specific examples from the book.
This section contains 1,746 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)