|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clay's father spend his time doing through most of their lunch?
2. Who sees Clay as he leaves Griffin's house in Part 2?
3. What year is Clay in school?
4. What reason does Julian give for needing to borrow money from Clay?
5. What is Lene's boyfriend's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lene tell Blair, Kim, and Clay when they see her? Why do Kim and Blair pretend that they do not know about Lene's good news?
2. Describe how Clay spends his time during the day on Christmas Eve.
3. Why does Julian want to meet with Clay? What happens during their meeting?
4. What does Clay remember about the time he spent in Palm Springs for his grandfather's birthday?
5. Describe Blair's Christmas party.
6. What happens to Clay when he leaves Spago to go to the club After Hours with Blair and Trent?
7. What memories of Julian does Clay have while at the hotel and on the way to the club afterward?
8. What happens to Clay when he arrives at the cafe to meet Rip? Who does he see at the cafe?
9. Why does Clay call his psychiatrist in Part 8? What does he tell his psychiatrist?
10. Describe Clay's lunch with his father.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The characters are all children of privilege with enormous amounts of money to buy almost anything they desire; however, none of them have a sense of connection with their parents. What type of relationship do the characters have with their parents? How do the children interact with their parents? Why is there no connection between the children and their parents? Please use specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
How does Clay change over the course of the novel? What differences are noticeable at the of the novel? How does Clay show these differences? Why do you think Clay has changed? Please use specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
How does the title of the novel, Less Than Zero, represent the story in the book? What does the title of the novel say about the characters? Please use specific examples from the book.
This section contains 1,049 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)