Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of car is parked in the driveway next to his mother's car when Clay arrives home from Griffin's house?
2. Who makes the statement, "People are afraid to merge onto the freeway in Los Angeles."
3. What type of movie do Blair and Kim want to see?
4. What is Clay's father's profession?
5. Why did Julian have someone else call Clay to arrange their meeting?
Short Essay Questions
1. What surprise does Rip have awaiting Trent and Clay in his apartment? What is wrong with his surprise?
2. Why does Clay go to the Roxy? Why is Rip upset while at the club?
3. Who does Clay attend the Christmas party with in Part 3 of the novel? Why do they choose to leave the party early? What do they do after they leave the party?
4. What does Clay remember about his last Christmas in Palm Springs? How does he spend Christmas while at home from school?
5. What type of movie do Kim and Blair want to see? What does Clay do during the movie?
6. Why do Clay, Rip, and Trent go to Dead's house? What do they do after they leave Dead's house?
7. What is happening at Clay's mother's house when he eventually arrives home from the party he attended with Trent?
8. Describe Clay's day traveling from New Hampshire to Los Angeles.
9. What happens to Clay on Christmas Eve after he finishes spending time with his family? How does he end his evening?
10. Who contacts Clay about meeting up with Julian and why did Julian not contact Clay? Where does Julian want to meet Clay? What happens when Clay arrives?
How is Clay's relationship with his sisters? Why does the author leave Clay's sisters nameless throughout the novel? What does their show about Clay's relationship with his sisters? Please use specific examples from the book.
The characters are all children of privilege with enormous amounts of money to buy almost anything they desire; however, none of them have a sense of connection with their parents. What type of relationship do the characters have with their parents? How do the children interact with their parents? Why is there no connection between the children and their parents? Please use specific examples from the book.
How does Clay change over the course of the novel? What differences are noticeable at the of the novel? How does Clay show these differences? Why do you think Clay has changed? Please use specific examples from the book.
This section contains 1,112 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)