|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Julian doing when Clay arrives at his house in Part 5?
2. Who does Clay try to call while he is at his mother's house?
3. Where do Blair and Clay end up after Daniel's party?
4. What suggestion does Trent make to Clay at Blair's party?
5. Who says, "But I don't like Bandarasta. He's always calling me 'Halloween' for some reason. I don't like being called 'Halloween.' I don't like it at all"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What flashback does Clay have of his grandmother in Palm Springs when she had pancreatic cancer?
2. Why does Finn refuse to release Julian from working for him? What does Finn do when Julian begs and pleads for release?
3. Why does Clay visit Muriel? What happens during his visit with Muriel? What happens after his visit with Muriel?
4. What does Daniel wear to the party and why does he choose to wear certain articles of clothing?
5. What does Clay remember about his last Christmas in Palm Springs? How does he spend Christmas while at home from school?
6. Who does Clay attend the Christmas party with in Part 3 of the novel? Why do they choose to leave the party early? What do they do after they leave the party?
7. What does Clay do once he is settled in at home?
8. What type of movie do Kim and Blair want to see? What does Clay do during the movie?
9. Why does Clay not agree with Spin's behavior at Rip's house? What is the argument between Clay and Rip?
10. Why does Alana visit Clay? What does she reveal to Clay during her visit?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why are Clay and his friends fascinated with the dead boy the see in the alley? Why do the boys decide to stand around the body while they talk and smoke? Why do none of the characters inform the police about the dead boy's body? Please use specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Clay's relationship with Julian seems to be the most important throughout the novel. How does the author relay the importance of their relationship throughout the novel? Why does Julian's relationship with Clay seem significant even though Julian is absent for much of the novel? Why is it necessary to take into consideration that the significance of Clay and Julian's relationship is told from Clay's point of view? Please use specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
What are Clay's reasons for visiting his psychiatrist during his vacation? What role does Clay's visits to his psychiatrist play in the novel? Why is it necessary for Clay to visit his psychiatrist? Please use specific examples from the book.
This section contains 1,127 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)