Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of car is parked in the driveway next to his mother's car when Clay arrives home from Griffin's house?
2. Who makes the statement, "People are afraid to merge onto the freeway in Los Angeles."
3. What type of movie do Blair and Kim want to see?
4. What is Clay's father's profession?
5. Why did Julian have someone else call Clay to arrange their meeting?
Short Essay Questions
1. What surprise does Rip have awaiting Trent and Clay in his apartment? What is wrong with his surprise?
2. Why does Clay go to the Roxy? Why is Rip upset while at the club?
3. Who does Clay attend the Christmas party with in Part 3 of the novel? Why do they choose to leave the party early? What do they do after they leave the party?
4. What does Clay remember about his last Christmas in Palm Springs? How does he spend Christmas while at home from school?
5. What type of movie do Kim and Blair want to see? What does Clay do during the movie?
6. Why do Clay, Rip, and Trent go to Dead's house? What do they do after they leave Dead's house?
7. What is happening at Clay's mother's house when he eventually arrives home from the party he attended with Trent?
8. Describe Clay's day traveling from New Hampshire to Los Angeles.
9. What happens to Clay on Christmas Eve after he finishes spending time with his family? How does he end his evening?
10. Who contacts Clay about meeting up with Julian and why did Julian not contact Clay? Where does Julian want to meet Clay? What happens when Clay arrives?
How does the title of the novel, Less Than Zero, represent the story in the book? What does the title of the novel say about the characters? Please use specific examples from the book.
Why are all of the characters in the novel, Less Than Zero, in some stage of desperation? Why and how do they choose to numb the intensity of any possible alienation or pain? Please use specific examples from the book.
How does Clay express his compassion? Provide at least three examples. Does he only express his compassion during certain times? Please use specific examples from the book.
This section contains 1,072 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)