|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Blair tell Clay about his friend Muriel?
2. What reason does Julian give for needing to borrow money from Clay?
3. After Clay locates Julian at his home in Part 4, where do they go to talk?
4. Where do Blair and Clay end up after Daniel's party?
5. What are people doing when Clay arrives at Blair's party?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Clay's experience with his father at Trumps.
2. Why does Clay visit his old elementary school? How has the school changed since his last visit there?
3. What does Clay remember about the party that occurred at the house of a friend of his cousin? What happened at the party?
4. Who is Finn? Why is Julian upset with Finn? What does Finn want Julian to do?
5. Why does Clay go to the Roxy? Why is Rip upset while at the club?
6. After meeting with Julian, how does Clay spend the remainder of his day?
7. Describe Clay's lunch with his father.
8. What discovery does Ross make in the alley? How do Rip and Clay react to the discovery?
9. What does Clay do on New Year's Eve night? Who does he spend it with? What happens?
10. What does Clay do when he arrives home? Why does he do this?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does are the words "Help Me" written in red crayon and scribbled on a place mat in the club After Hours? Why were 20 numbers scribbled around it? What does this represent? Please use specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Why are Clay and his friends fascinated with the dead boy the see in the alley? Why do the boys decide to stand around the body while they talk and smoke? Why do none of the characters inform the police about the dead boy's body? Please use specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
What are Clay's reasons for visiting his psychiatrist during his vacation? What role does Clay's visits to his psychiatrist play in the novel? Why is it necessary for Clay to visit his psychiatrist? Please use specific examples from the book.
This section contains 1,166 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)