|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clay's mother's house smell like when he arrives?
2. Why does Julian say he does not have the money he needs?
3. What time does Clay get off of the phone with Blair in Part 3?
4. How is Clay dressed when he leaves Griffin's house?
5. Who sees Clay as he leaves Griffin's house in Part 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Clay meet up with Julian at the arcade? What news does Julian have for Clay?
2. What happens when Clay and Julian go to the hotel to meet Mr. Erikson?
3. What does Clay do over the next few days following Blair's Christmas Party? Who does he visit?
4. What does Clay do on New Year's Eve night? Who does he spend it with? What happens?
5. What flashback does Clay have of his grandmother in Palm Springs when she had pancreatic cancer?
6. What is happening at Clay's mother's house when he eventually arrives home from the party he attended with Trent?
7. In Part 8, what is Daniel doing when Clay goes to visit him? What does Daniel want to talk about with Clay?
8. What happens when Clay and Julian meet Finn at a night club?
9. Describe the scene at Julian's house on King's Road when Clay arrives.
10. Why does Julian want to meet with Clay? What happens during their meeting?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is Clay's relationship with his sisters? Why does the author leave Clay's sisters nameless throughout the novel? What does their show about Clay's relationship with his sisters? Please use specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Why do the characters in the novel, Less Than Zero, not associate with real life? Why do they choose to not interact with each other when they are together? Why do they seem to have little to say to each other? Please use specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Clay's relationship with Julian seems to be the most important throughout the novel. How does the author relay the importance of their relationship throughout the novel? Why does Julian's relationship with Clay seem significant even though Julian is absent for much of the novel? Why is it necessary to take into consideration that the significance of Clay and Julian's relationship is told from Clay's point of view? Please use specific examples from the book.
This section contains 1,138 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)