|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Clay look for Julian when he gets to Blair's party?
2. What does Blair tell Clay about his friend Muriel?
3. What are people doing when Clay arrives at Blair's party?
4. Why does Clay go home with Griffin?
5. What does Clay's mother's house smell like when he arrives?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Clay remember about his last Christmas in Palm Springs? How does he spend Christmas while at home from school?
2. Describe Julian's reaction to Clay bringing the money to his house.
3. What secret does Clay uncover about his friend Julian while visiting with Finn?
4. What does Clay do on New Year's Eve night? Who does he spend it with? What happens?
5. What happens when Clay and Julian go to the hotel to meet Mr. Erikson?
6. Describe the scene of the party that Clay attends with Trent at the start of Part 2. What happens at the party? Who is at the party?
7. In Part 8, what is Daniel doing when Clay goes to visit him? What does Daniel want to talk about with Clay?
8. Why does Alana visit Clay? What does she reveal to Clay during her visit?
9. Why does Clay visit Muriel? What happens during his visit with Muriel? What happens after his visit with Muriel?
10. What does Daniel wear to the party and why does he choose to wear certain articles of clothing?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Clay change over the course of the novel? What differences are noticeable at the of the novel? How does Clay show these differences? Why do you think Clay has changed? Please use specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Why do the characters in the novel, Less Than Zero, not associate with real life? Why do they choose to not interact with each other when they are together? Why do they seem to have little to say to each other? Please use specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Why does Clay have breakdowns throughout the novel? What assistance, if any, does his psychiatrist provide? Please use specific examples from the book.
This section contains 1,066 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)