|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "But I don't like Bandarasta. He's always calling me 'Halloween' for some reason. I don't like being called 'Halloween.' I don't like it at all"?
2. On the way home from Griffin's house in Part 2, Clay is distracted by a billboard that says what?
3. After Christmas Eve dinner, why does Clay go to Jimmy's?
4. In Part 5, where does Rip tell Clay they should meet?
5. What is Clay's father's profession?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Rip contact Clay? What happens when Clay shows up to meet Rip?
2. What does Clay do on New Year's Eve night? Who does he spend it with? What happens?
3. How was the house when Clay arrived home? Who was home to greet him?
4. What type of movie do Kim and Blair want to see? What does Clay do during the movie?
5. What do Clay and Blair discuss while at lunch? What does Blair do a few days after she has lunch with Clay?
6. Who does Clay attend the Christmas party with in Part 3 of the novel? Why do they choose to leave the party early? What do they do after they leave the party?
7. Why does Clay meet up with Julian at the arcade? What news does Julian have for Clay?
8. Describe the scene of the party that Clay attends with Trent at the start of Part 2. What happens at the party? Who is at the party?
9. Why do Clay, Rip, and Trent go to Dead's house? What do they do after they leave Dead's house?
10. Where does Clay go after leaving the club After Hours and who does he go with? What happens when he gets there?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Does the author use Julian to symbolize the degradation in the characters' drug-obsessed lifestyles? Why or why not? Please use specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Why does Clay have breakdowns throughout the novel? What assistance, if any, does his psychiatrist provide? Please use specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
How does the title of the novel, Less Than Zero, represent the story in the book? What does the title of the novel say about the characters? Please use specific examples from the book.
This section contains 1,097 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)