|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Julian have someone else call Clay to arrange their meeting?
2. What types of comments make Clay perk up at his psychiatrist visit?
3. Who approaches Clay as he is waiting for Julian to arrive at their agreed upon location?
4. What memories does Clay have of Julian after Clay agrees to loan Julian the money?
5. What type of car is parked in the driveway next to his mother's car when Clay arrives home from Griffin's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Trent call Clay? What do Trent and Clay end up doing after they meet up with each other?
2. What happens to Clay when he leaves Spago to go to the club After Hours with Blair and Trent?
3. Describe Clay's experience with his father at Trumps.
4. Why does Clay call his psychiatrist in Part 8? What does he tell his psychiatrist?
5. Why do Clay, Rip, and Trent go to Dead's house? What do they do after they leave Dead's house?
6. What does Clay do to try to get more information about Julian from his friend Evan? What does Evan tell Clay about Julian?
7. Describe the scene of the party that Clay attends with Trent at the start of Part 2. What happens at the party? Who is at the party?
8. Describe Clay's visit with the psychiatrist in Part 6 of the book.
9. After meeting with Julian, how does Clay spend the remainder of his day?
10. What does Clay remember about the party that occurred at the house of a friend of his cousin? What happened at the party?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does the author choose to tell the story through the point of view of the protagonist? Why does he not tell the story through the point of view of a narrator, who sees all? How would this story change if was told through third person? Please use specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Why are Clay and his friends fascinated with the dead boy the see in the alley? Why do the boys decide to stand around the body while they talk and smoke? Why do none of the characters inform the police about the dead boy's body? Please use specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Why does are the words "Help Me" written in red crayon and scribbled on a place mat in the club After Hours? Why were 20 numbers scribbled around it? What does this represent? Please use specific examples from the book.
This section contains 1,943 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)