|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In part 5, why does Trent call Clay?
(a) Because Trent is out of cocaine and cannot find his dealer.
(b) Because Trent wants Clay to buy him some cocaine from Daniel.
(c) Because Trent is having a party and wants Clay to attend.
(d) Because Trent does not have a car and his parents will not allow him to borrow their car.
2. Where does Clay find his sisters on the morning after Christmas?
(a) His mother's bedroom.
(b) The living room.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) At the swimming pool.
3. In what state does Clay attend college?
(b) New Mexico.
(c) New Hampshire.
4. Why does Clay look for Julian when he gets to Blair's party?
(a) Because he has not seen Julian in over a year.
(b) Because Blair told Clay that Julian is sick.
(c) Because Julian is his usual drug dealer.
(d) Because Julian owes him money.
5. Why is Clay suspicious about loaning the money to Julian?
(a) Julian's parents give him an extremely high allowance.
(b) Julian makes money selling drugs to his friends.
(c) Clay did not see any damage to Julian's car.
(d) The amount seems extraordinarily high for an abortion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "But I don't like Bandarasta. He's always calling me 'Halloween' for some reason. I don't like being called 'Halloween.' I don't like it at all"?
2. What is the setting of the story?
3. Where does Muriel hide out while at Kim's house?
4. What year is Clay in school?
5. What does Clay remember about his last Christmas in Palm Springs?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Clay when he arrives at the cafe to meet Rip? Who does he see at the cafe?
2. Why does Clay go to the Roxy? Why is Rip upset while at the club?
3. What surprise does Rip have awaiting Trent and Clay in his apartment? What is wrong with his surprise?
4. Why does Clay visit his old elementary school? How has the school changed since his last visit there?
5. Where does Clay go after leaving the club After Hours and who does he go with? What happens when he gets there?
6. In Part 8, what is Daniel doing when Clay goes to visit him? What does Daniel want to talk about with Clay?
7. Why does Clay call his psychiatrist in Part 8? What does he tell his psychiatrist?
8. Why does Clay meet up with Julian at the arcade? What news does Julian have for Clay?
9. Describe Clay's experience with his father at Trumps.
10. What memories of Julian does Clay have while at the hotel and on the way to the club afterward?
This section contains 1,141 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)