|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After visiting with Muriel, where does Clay agree to meet Rip?
(a) At a nightclub.
(b) In a park.
(c) At a cafe.
(d) At a church.
2. Who approaches Clay as he is waiting for Julian to arrive at their agreed upon location?
(a) A tan blond usher.
(b) A blond, drunk young woman.
(c) A dark-haired older woman.
(d) A suspicious looking Asian male.
3. What type of movie do Blair and Kim want to see?
(a) A drama.
(b) A light-hearted comedy.
(c) A documentary.
(d) A gory film.
4. Where does Kim say her mom is while Blair and Clay are visiting?
(b) Her bedroom.
(c) At the store buying alcohol.
(d) Palm Springs.
5. After Christmas Eve dinner, why does Clay go to Jimmy's?
(a) To have more drinks with his family.
(b) To have dinner with Blair.
(c) To have a drink with Julian.
(d) To meet up with Rip to get more drugs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the setting of the story?
2. What reason does Julian give for needing to borrow money from Clay?
3. What does Clay's mother's house smell like when he arrives?
4. What does Clay's father spend his time doing through most of their lunch?
5. What is the relationship between Clay and Blair?
Short Essay Questions
1. What discovery does Ross make in the alley? How do Rip and Clay react to the discovery?
2. What memories of Julian does Clay have while at the hotel and on the way to the club afterward?
3. Describe Clay's visit with the psychiatrist in Part 6 of the book.
4. What occurs as Blair is driving Clay home from their date?
5. Why does Clay go to the Roxy? Why is Rip upset while at the club?
6. Where does Clay go after leaving the club After Hours and who does he go with? What happens when he gets there?
7. What does Clay do once he is settled in at home?
8. Describe Clay's lunch with his father.
9. What surprise does Rip have awaiting Trent and Clay in his apartment? What is wrong with his surprise?
10. What happens to Clay when he arrives at the cafe to meet Rip? Who does he see at the cafe?
This section contains 1,145 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)