|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "But I don't like Bandarasta. He's always calling me 'Halloween' for some reason. I don't like being called 'Halloween.' I don't like it at all"?
(d) One of Clay's sisters.
2. What reason does Julian give for needing to borrow money from Clay?
(a) To pay for an abortion for a girl he knows.
(b) To pay his drug dealer.
(c) To have his car repaired.
(d) He needs a new suit for a job interview.
3. On Christmas Eve, Daniel calls Clay to tell him what?
(a) Daniel tells Clay that he is gay.
(b) Daniel tells Clay that he is doing crack.
(c) Daniel tells Clay that a girl he had been dating is pregnant.
(d) Daniel tells Clay that he was in a drunk-driving accident.
4. Why does Julian say he does not have the money he needs?
(a) Because Julian's parents have frozen his checking account and credit cards.
(b) Because he just bought a new car.
(c) Because Julian spent much of his money paying for alcohol for his party.
(d) Because his parents refused to give him more allowance money.
5. What does Clay do when he wakes up at 11:00 am?
(a) He takes a hit of cocaine.
(b) He swims laps in the pool.
(c) He goes for a run in the neighborhood.
(d) He meets up with friends at a diner.
Short Answer Questions
1. After leaving Kim's house, what does Clay do when he arrives home?
2. What is Clay's father's profession?
3. Who calls Clay to set-up a meeting between him and Julian?
4. Where does Clay stop on his way home from having lunch with his father?
5. Who approaches Clay as he is waiting for Julian to arrive at their agreed upon location?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Clay visit his old elementary school? How has the school changed since his last visit there?
2. What does Clay remember about his last Christmas in Palm Springs? How does he spend Christmas while at home from school?
3. Why does Alana visit Clay? What does she reveal to Clay during her visit?
4. What flashback does Clay have of his grandmother in Palm Springs when she had pancreatic cancer?
5. What images stick in Clay's head after he hears a particular song while in Los Angeles on vacation?
6. What memory of Palm Springs does Clay think about as he is swimming laps in the pool?
7. What does Clay do when he arrives home? Why does he do this?
8. Describe Clay's visit with the psychiatrist in Part 6 of the book.
9. What is happening at Clay's mother's house when he eventually arrives home from the party he attended with Trent?
10. What memories of Julian does Clay have while at the hotel and on the way to the club afterward?
This section contains 1,181 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)