Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of car is parked in the driveway next to his mother's car when Clay arrives home from Griffin's house?
(a) A Ferrari.
(b) A Jaguar.
(c) A Bentley.
(d) A Mercedes Benz.
2. Who makes the statement, "People are afraid to merge onto the freeway in Los Angeles."
(a) Clay's mother.
3. What type of movie do Blair and Kim want to see?
(a) A documentary.
(b) A light-hearted comedy.
(c) A gory film.
(d) A drama.
4. What is Clay's father's profession?
(a) Public school teacher.
(b) Bank manager.
(c) Music industry executive.
(d) Movie industry executive .
5. Why did Julian have someone else call Clay to arrange their meeting?
(a) Because Julian was hiding out from his parents.
(b) Because Julian was scared to call Clay.
(c) Because Julian did not have time to arrange the meeting.
(d) Because Julian did not have Clay's phone number.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Clay locates Julian at his home in Part 4, where do they go to talk?
2. What does Clay and his regular group of friends do on Christmas Eve?
3. What is the relationship between Clay and Blair?
4. Clay's father asks him if he wants to go where for Christmas?
5. What matters most to Clay about having lunch with his father?
Short Essay Questions
1. What surprise does Rip have awaiting Trent and Clay in his apartment? What is wrong with his surprise?
2. Why does Clay go to the Roxy? Why is Rip upset while at the club?
3. Who does Clay attend the Christmas party with in Part 3 of the novel? Why do they choose to leave the party early? What do they do after they leave the party?
4. What does Clay remember about his last Christmas in Palm Springs? How does he spend Christmas while at home from school?
5. What type of movie do Kim and Blair want to see? What does Clay do during the movie?
6. Why do Clay, Rip, and Trent go to Dead's house? What do they do after they leave Dead's house?
7. What is happening at Clay's mother's house when he eventually arrives home from the party he attended with Trent?
8. Describe Clay's day traveling from New Hampshire to Los Angeles.
9. What happens to Clay on Christmas Eve after he finishes spending time with his family? How does he end his evening?
10. Who contacts Clay about meeting up with Julian and why did Julian not contact Clay? Where does Julian want to meet Clay? What happens when Clay arrives?
This section contains 1,133 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)