|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Clay's grandfather spend Christmas Eve?
(a) Palm Springs.
(d) Cayman Islands.
2. Where do Blair and Clay end up after Daniel's party?
(a) The beach.
(b) Clay's mother's house.
(c) In the valley.
(d) Blair's house.
3. What does Clay remember about his last Christmas in Palm Springs?
(a) His parents decided to get a divorce.
(b) The weather was so hot he could not sleep.
(c) The weather was too cold to get into the beach water.
(d) His grandmother's death.
4. What reason does Julian give for needing to borrow money from Clay?
(a) To pay for an abortion for a girl he knows.
(b) He needs a new suit for a job interview.
(c) To have his car repaired.
(d) To pay his drug dealer.
5. Who does Clay try to call while he is at his mother's house?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Lene doing on television?
2. At the start of the Part 4, why do Clay and Blair go to Kim's house?
3. After visiting with Muriel, where does Clay agree to meet Rip?
4. When Blair calls Clay on Christmas Eve at his home, how does she try to entice him?
5. How long has Clay been away at school in Part 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Clay do to try to get more information about Julian from his friend Evan? What does Evan tell Clay about Julian?
2. What happens to Clay when he arrives at the cafe to meet Rip? Who does he see at the cafe?
3. Describe Julian's reaction to Clay bringing the money to his house.
4. Describe the scene at Julian's house on King's Road when Clay arrives.
5. Why does Trent call Clay? What do Trent and Clay end up doing after they meet up with each other?
6. What secret does Clay uncover about his friend Julian while visiting with Finn?
7. What happens when Clay and Julian meet Finn at a night club?
8. What does Clay do on New Year's Eve night? Who does he spend it with? What happens?
9. Why does Rip contact Clay? What happens when Clay shows up to meet Rip?
10. What does Lene tell Blair, Kim, and Clay when they see her? Why do Kim and Blair pretend that they do not know about Lene's good news?
This section contains 1,034 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)